By liz - 21/06/2009 21:26 - United States

Today, I went shopping at a thrift store. I found a really cute top that fit me perfectly, so I bought it. Afterwards, I noticed the original tag was still on it. It read: "designed with your pregnancy in mind". It was a maternity top. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 198
You deserved it 15 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anon919 0

You don't have to be "fat" to fit into maternity clothes, they have them in smalls too, you know.

Some regular tops work as maternity tops too so eff it, if you like it wear it.

Comments

Errr... So what? As long as it looks good on you, it's fine.

Hm, hun, really its no biggie. I've bought maternity tops before. Usually if they are babydolls or empire waist no one can tell unless you run into a pregger woman with the same top on. Otherwise suck it up. In the big scheme of things what does it matter?

So? The top looks good on you and that's all that matters. No one is going to check the label. No one will ever know.

Being fat is kinda your fault. Use a little self control, and try getting about 20 minutes of exercise each day.

Wow agree with #1. Stop whining and do something about your fat self.

Well half of the clothes that we wear now look like maternity clothes. Cut the tag out and wear it with pride!!

To everyone assuming she's fat, I'm a size 4 but when I got pregnant I needed maternity clothes, especially toward the end. They come in all sizes.

TheDrifter 23

Fat is fat regardless of size. If op's shape matches a pregnant woman's well enough that shirts cut as maternity wear fit her well, it is clear that she is thoroughly into the realm of chubby and headed for morbidly obese.