By preggersmcgee - 22/10/2012 16:09 - United States - Nixa

Today, I finally found a cute dress that hugged my curves and hid my imperfections. I wore it to my friend's house, and was feeling pretty good about myself, until some pregnant woman walked into the room wearing the exact same thing. It was a maternity dress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 628
You deserved it 7 275

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It still fit and it was cute. Everyone is built differently. Don't try to force yourself to look a certain way.

Are you sure its a maternity dress? because some pregnant ladies don't need maternity clothes. I still wear my maternity clothes even though i have lost all my baby weight. You can't tell at all, so if you like the dress and it fits you nice wear it anyway.

Comments

monstaber 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't think anyone in this thread understood #1. It wasn't a borderline rude joke, and he doesn't have to read the FML again. Jesus, people...

saralily 9

I think 1 was referring to the pregnant woman. If she's not too late in her pregnancy, she might not be as large as OP makes her out to be. There's a big difference between being 5 months and 8 months pregnant.

I personally thought he was referring to the fat-baby, but maybe that's just me.

monstaber 6

Haha #1 comments on here are subjected to heavier scrutiny than the presidential debates

It still fit and it was cute. Everyone is built differently. Don't try to force yourself to look a certain way.

Yeah, and maybe it wasn't necessarily a maternity dress. Loose floppy things seem to be in style, at least where I am, so maybe the pregnant lady was just wearing one of those. Either way, that's no reason to lose your confidence.

Not only what 2 and 7 said, but some maternity dresses are designed to be for both pregnant and non-pregnant women. If it had an empire waist drawstring it was probably meant to double.

Maternity? They only say that because women want to cover their pregnant body. They can wear anything to do that so I donkt see the difference.

Tay_racer10 3

Maternity clothes don't cover up that your pregnant

30- maternity clothes are made so that pregnant woman will be comfortable because they already have enough aches and pains to worry about. They don't want to "hide" the fact that they're preganant.

hey, if you rocked that dress, then you rocked it! keep in mind, not many people can rock those kinds of dresses (either maternity or the one that's meant for both maternity and non) I know I can't! I look like I've gained a ton of weight, and not even the pregnant type of weight, just weight. they look terrible on me. everyone is made differently, be proud you found what types of clothes you look ******* awesome in! sometimes that's hard for people to do!

If it looked good, then why does it matter if it was a maternity dress? I bought a comfortable pair of pants once, only to later discover they are maternity pants. Didn't bother me...they're the comfiest pants I own! And they keep my belly warm in winter :D

Exactly, why make yourself miserable?? Wear it, if you like it.

Hey is you're comfortable in it and you look good wear it! Doesn't matter what size or brand it is. ROCK IT!

UncleMuscles 5

Is it possible to have a life ****** only half the way?

Are you sure its a maternity dress? because some pregnant ladies don't need maternity clothes. I still wear my maternity clothes even though i have lost all my baby weight. You can't tell at all, so if you like the dress and it fits you nice wear it anyway.

metaphoristic 8

I would sometimes borrow my mothers maternity clothes when I was 13 and she was pregnant, and I was a pretty skinny 13-year-old.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Exactly. My mom was 8 months pregnant with me and still tiny, she didn't need maternity clothes. So the dress doesn't necessarily have to be a maternity dress...but either way, if it looks good on you, who cares?

I want to know who the pregnant lady was! it says she went to her friends house but called the lady just "some lady"...

randomthing 22

So what? If it looks good on you - keep it.

TayonaC 10

So what. If it makes you feel confident it shouldn't matter. Besides, who is going to find out?

I love the phrase "hugged my curves"! Never heard it before.

olpally 32

He's afraid of you hulk... I'd be afraid to go outside too, if you're out there.. D:

Those dresses are super cute. I'm curvy too and I always want to buy one. Wear it proud. :)

Most clothes have a maternity variation. So don't worry, she had the maternity one and you didn't

...whilst this is a nice thought, is this actually true? I don't think I've EVER been in a shop that does a normal and maternity version of a garment. Unless you just meant that similar style garments exist. Anyone care to explain to me?

It's probably called, you know, a joke. But it would be pretty awesome to have that. Just like I wish they'd have adult versions of some kids clothes.

Actually, even if she was just being rude or whatever she's right some clothing lines have the same clothes for pregnant and non pregnant women. I have a pair of YMI shorts I got before I got pregnant. When I decided to buy maternity clothes I found the same YMI shorts with a maternity waist band instead of the regular button and zipper...

No it wasn't a joke. There are some clothing lines that have the same thing just in maternity sizes

Oh. Sorry. I just kind of figured that you'd meant it as a joke, because you said *most* clothing lines have a maternity and a regular version... And that's kind of not true. Sorry again.

Did you want someone to put you out of your Missouri?

It's a song... I didn't think anyone was going to get it anyway...

Don't worry, 12, I appreciated the pun.