By liz - 21/06/2009 21:26 - United States

Today, I went shopping at a thrift store. I found a really cute top that fit me perfectly, so I bought it. Afterwards, I noticed the original tag was still on it. It read: "designed with your pregnancy in mind". It was a maternity top. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 198
You deserved it 15 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

anon919 0

You don't have to be "fat" to fit into maternity clothes, they have them in smalls too, you know.

Some regular tops work as maternity tops too so eff it, if you like it wear it.

Comments

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

You used the wrong 'your'. It should be "You're fat", which means "You are fat", instead of 'Your fat' which is possessive; meaning that the fat belongs to the OP. I don't understand why people struggle so much with proper grammar. Incompetent retards.

There's smaller maternity tops. My sister is very thin (100lbs), and she's pregnant with twins right now and just wears regular clothes, but she does have some maternity wear that does fit her. All it is is just looser in the belly region, which is fine. Plus, it if was an empire waist, you should be fine. Don't listen to the shallow pricks.

intothevoid612 0

getting sick of all these FML's where people are surprised or upset that they are fat. While some of them are good, like small children saying you're fat, this is not that case. How the hell did you not think you had a weight issue if you are shaped like you're pregnant???? I mean really? You don't own a scale or a mirror?

morgan020 0

Dont worry my son is 15 months old and i still wear my maternity tops they are a bit longer which i like and fit my chest better and no one ever knows so good job on finding a cute shirt and have fun wearing it. And to yall (probably guys) saying shes fat get off the computer look in the mirror and run a lap or two if neccesary.

I wore a maternity shirt today, I have double D's and its hard to find shirts that fit me while still looking nice enough to go out in. Its ok. People come in all sizes.

valuemeal2 1

Ugh, that's happened to me too. I found this shirt that was really long (I'm incredibly tall, so long stuff is hard to find) and when I got it home, I realized it was a maternity top. I just cut off the tag and never told anyone. PS, the people who are giving you shit for it-- it's never happened to them.

Lol, at least it was at a thrift store 2 bucks you spent

Yulia_fml 0

look who's all narrow minded... these grammar "flaws" come from internet culture and carelessness. grammatical rules are arbitrary anyway. Social trends sometimes mess with them. Get over it, social standards always change.