By Anonymous - 01/03/2014 18:46 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went on a date with a girl my friend set me up with. I thought we got along great, until after dessert, when I asked if she'd be interested in doing this again. She just said, "Nahhh" then got up and casually left, stiffing me on the bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 519
You deserved it 5 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well you dodged a bullet there. Hopefully it didn't cost too much.

Comments

why does everyone blame her? maybe OP was an ass and just "forgot" to mention that.

Sounds like she just wanted a free meal. I hope she was a cheap date. Sorry, OP.

Sorry I know I'm gonna get dislikes but real men don't expect a woman to pay on the first date what happened to chivalry it's not sexism it's proof that you appreciate her company, that's how the system started, these days chivalry seems to be taking out your woman's garbage or passing her the bong...

I understand this one was a bitch but still

amberv61 22

I don't think OP expected her to pay for the date, but using him for a free meal doesn't make her a real woman.

So why wouldn't a woman want to pay to show her appreciation of the man's company? Or are dates meant to be one-sided farces where the man worships at the woman's feet hoping that the free meal will be enough to make her consider giving him a chance?

frizz101 22

I agree, first dates you never go Dutch. But it was rude to just walk out after the meal.

I believe that it is the person who asked the other out on the date that should pay for it. It just seems wrong to me that it is always the man who has to pay. I mean if a girl asks a guy out on a date, is it still his responsibility to pay for the date? In this case there isn't enough information. Is this a date that OP's friend set up for him because OP asked his friend for help? Or is was it the girl that asked OP's friend to find her a date? Or did OP's friend set the two of them up because they are both single and OP's friend thought they would be good together. In situation number one OP should have expected to pay, in number two, I'm gonna get shot down for this I'm sure, but I think the girl should pay, and in situation 3, they should split the bill. Regardless of what the situation is, that was a very rude way of ending the date.

My first reaction is that that is a terrible thing to do to someone, then I realised, I'd probably do that... Sorry OP, but at least she was honest about not being that into you, too bad she left you with the bill.

bluucat 17

It's about her attitude, didn't even thank OP for the meal. And if she's not interested at least she could've refuse OP politely, not go "yah or nah" on him.

I think you should tell your friend about what she did and hopefully your friend can tell her that what she did was a total bitch move.

Better luck next time and maybe next time will be the right one time will tell

Girls like that make us all look bad. You deserve better, OP. Keep your head up.

I would pass on a message through your friend reminding her that she "forgot" to pay her half of the bill, and could she get that money to you as soon as is convenient?

thats rough mate, as the above posters have already mentioned at least now you know shes not worth your time or effort. small price to pay i reckon