By Deadfish - 26/07/2009 17:17 - United States

Today, I was walking to the pet store to buy a month's worth of fish food for my fish so I wouldn't have to come back for a while. For fish food it was expensive. It was also surprisingly heavy and I had to carry it back to my house. When I got home, I saw my fish floating at the top of its bowl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 373
You deserved it 7 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you've been using DOG FOOD to feed your fish. That pretty much explains everything you said.

Ligerie 0

Just get another one, they're like three bucks

Comments

YOUR FISH MIGHT NOT BE DEAD. Just because its floatin at the top of the bowl doesn't mean its dead, could mean its just ill, or its eaten too much. Do not dispose of it yet! give it about 3 days!

yeah my fish used to float at the top of the bowl but now it swims happily around

jeez why do you need to buy that much i had 9 fish and 18 babies and like number 12 said i had a small little can that lasted about 4 months. :D

that isnt true. i months worth of fish food isnt heavy like dog food-its just a little container, and its obviously not a big fish if its in a bowl. and if by some really crazy chance this is true, heres an idea: get a new fish to overfeed/

littlemisslee 0

I got one of those goldfish you win at the fair. usually, they die a couple days later, no matter how much you try to take care of them. well, I had one live for 10 years, and I could go almost two weeks without feeding him! seriously. he was evil, too.

lol at "he was evil, too". I require further explanation was your fish the spawn of satan?

1: Fish food is not expensive. A large container of Tetramin, which can feed a 100-gallon tank of fish for a YEAR only costs about $12. Even higher quality food, like Hikari, does not cost that much. 2: It does not weigh that much. The heaviest fish food I know of are pond-pellets, which you wouldn't be buying unless you had multiple koi and, obviously, a pond. 3: Fish do not need fed every day. A month's supply of fish food for a single fish could easily fit in a bottlecap. They can be fed once every other day and still be VERY healthy. In fact, a healthy fish can go a whole week without food. 4: The only fish that can be kept in a bowl is a Betta, because of their labyrinth organ. Though this FML doesn't specify what kind of fish it is, Bettas are still affected by high levels of ammonia in the water if overfed. If it's a goldfish, then you're just like most of the idiots in the world who thinks a goldfish can be kept in a bowl without generous amounts of filtration and water changes. Seriously, if this isn't a fake, YDI. Do the world a favor and either do some research and buy a proper fish tank or just don't ever buy a fish again.

Exactly what I was thinking. Unless he feeding it small chucks of gold? Lol

You don't need buckets of chum for a goldfish, Captain Quint!

When fish becomes floaters, most often they have been overfed and are not actually dead.

IDRC 0

I predicted what happened after reading the first 2 sentences.

RIP fish, and RIP stuffed cat from the other FML. Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Now go feed it to the stuffed cat. Or even better, stuff the fish and put it back in the water. Wow. And what the hell are you feeding it?! Since when is fish food heavy?? Poor fish.. Maybe it's better off dead -.- If you want a pet that you can feed that much, just buy a horse??

vvvalori 0

Uhh.. I think the meant to say whale. I doubt fish food is that heavy, costs much, AND that you need to buy a century's supply of fish food. Like what the heck?? o.O] OMG!! IT'S A WHALE!! xD