By Deadfish - 26/07/2009 17:17 - United States

Today, I was walking to the pet store to buy a month's worth of fish food for my fish so I wouldn't have to come back for a while. For fish food it was expensive. It was also surprisingly heavy and I had to carry it back to my house. When I got home, I saw my fish floating at the top of its bowl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 373
You deserved it 7 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you've been using DOG FOOD to feed your fish. That pretty much explains everything you said.

Ligerie 0

Just get another one, they're like three bucks

Comments

mcsnelly 5

Some fish can eat a lot and they don't all eat flake/pellet food....this could be very possible. And actually a similar thing happened to my grandma...she went out to get cat food, and, while backing out of the driveway, she ran over the cat. :(

giggity0giggity 0

yeah, just adding onto what others said before me... just because a fish is floating doesn't mean its dead. for example, I was taking care of my neighbors fish while she was on vacation and the fish decided to **** around and float. the next day, when I came back to her house, the stupid dickface was swimming around like nothing had happened!

Oh you poor thing. But hey buddy, don't worry, I have an idea- RETURN THE ******* FOOD, OR BUY A NEW ******* FISH. kthxbai.

Okay, a fish small enough to be in a BOWL would be a betta or a goldfish. Both eat either only flakes or pellets. Both flakes and pellets are so light, over a years worth wouldn't be considered heavy in the least. And I worked in pet stores for years; even for huge fish, fish food is NOT heavy, unless you're getting into live feeders, and then, you wouldnt buy more than a a dozen or two anyway, as they'd all die before your fish eats them! I never call fake on FMLs, but on this one, I do call fake.

christie91 0

Why was your fish eating that much in a month? Not even big fish eat that much! This story sounds fishy to me.

scarycatlady 0

this is totally fake...that is, unless you're feeding a ******* WHALE! if you're gonna make up fake shit, do try harder to make it better. everyone knows that a month's worth of fish food weighs like an ounce dipshit

fish live in water, not food. Honestly I can't even imagine what kind of fish would eat that much. I'd say maybe a shark, but you can't keep ANY kind of fish in a bowl. This post is just all around full of shit. (and don't say bettas... you can't put a betta in a bowl any more than you can lock a child in a closet its entire life)

I kept my betta fish in a fish bowl... he didn't seem to mind. Little thing lived for a good 5 years. On a side note, I also had a Vietnamese neighbor that kept them in the bottom of plant vases with a couple inches of water... she was rather odd.

Bettas can be kept in bowls because of their labyrinth organ; they get their oxygen directly from the air, not from the water, so they can be kept in smaller, unfiltered habitats. They still need about a gallon of water, but in no means need a full-sized aquarium. Often, filtered tanks are actually stressful to Bettas because the flow caused by the filter catches their long fins (which are selectively bred to be that long) and makes it very difficult for them to swim. Usually Bettas that are kept in tanks will hide behind something were the current isn't as strong. Though this sort of habitat is healthier for them cleanliness-wise, the stress put on them isn't worth it. A well-kept, decent-sized bowl is a far more appropriate for a Betta, though it is the only fish who can live in a bowl. I suggest doing some research from REAL fish-hobbyists before making such statements. ;)

You son of a b!!!! This is incredibly insensitive....my beloved fish, Twittles, for whom life was to short died today. Luckily i had him stuffed.