By brhorton02 - 06/04/2009 14:42 - United States

Today, I was waitering at the restaurant that I work at when I collected a credit card bill that was worth $120 and a big zero on the tip line. Angered, I turned to a co-worker and said "I knew this asshole wasn't going to tip me." The guy was standing right behind me with $30 in his hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 480
You deserved it 166 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was stupid. Plenty of people pay tips with cash instead, myself included.

I hope he threw the money in your face. Ha, no I don't. I hope he gave the money to your co-worker.

Comments

i always tip cash.. that way you can lie about it on your w-2.

i have worked in the food service industry but i never expected a tip since it isn't required but i always appreciated getting one. customers are why you get the pay check, even if not that much, because no customers=no restuarant=no job.

I hope he never gave it to you in the end.

summersong89 0

you should have given it a few minutes, in my opinion.. this is why i really try to avoid bad-mouthing customers. sorry, but YDI.

I disagree with the people that say tipping is optional... even for really crappy service, tipping is expected, and the lowest I'd tip is 10% if I'm feeling completely ignored. But you still deserved this for your rudeness. This is conversation that shouldn't happen around any customers, let alone the one your talking about who was still planning to tip you. If I were him I would have kept my tip. When you specifically badmouth me and I hear it, tipping is no longer mandatory.

sarahDarc 3

okay, 46. since when should someone HAVE to pay for receiving shitty service? if you're not a good waiter, don't expect it.

You should be ashamed. Your stupid for posting this.