By brhorton02 - 06/04/2009 14:42 - United States

Today, I was waitering at the restaurant that I work at when I collected a credit card bill that was worth $120 and a big zero on the tip line. Angered, I turned to a co-worker and said "I knew this asshole wasn't going to tip me." The guy was standing right behind me with $30 in his hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 480
You deserved it 166 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was stupid. Plenty of people pay tips with cash instead, myself included.

I hope he threw the money in your face. Ha, no I don't. I hope he gave the money to your co-worker.

Comments

I REALLY disagree with people saying that even waiters/resses who do their job poorly should get a tip, even a small one. I don't care if it's their only form of income. If they're shitty at what they do, they should have something to tell them that they need to get a different ******* job, eg. no tips.

#57 I am a strong believer that if you make less than a waiter, then you don't have enough money to be eating out. If you don't have enough to tip the server after the meal, then maybe you shouldn't be spending your money eating out. Buy yourself some cheap noodles instead. Tipping is a social custom which most associate with politeness. The only time I'd never leave a tip is if the server was extremely rude or inattentive. Otherwise they'll at least get something. Although, I would feel much worse for the customer than waiter in this instance. You mustn't have been in customer service for very long. I believe the general rule in this area is to never complain about customers on the floor, where they can, you know, hear you. So yeah, you were kinda dumb. I agree with the people saying he should've taken back $25 from your tip.

i wouldn't tip you or ever return to the restaurant. you're lucky he even paid for the meal after your behavior.

llSgtScopell 0

A tip IS NEVER REQUIRED. It has to be earned.

#34, Plenty of people show their GRATITUDE by leaving more than the typical 15-20%. If for the last 2 years, as a bartender in a very small neighborhood bar, I only made 20% on my sales I wouldn't still be there. I typically get 30-40%. A lot of times even as much as 50 or 100% if its one of my regulars. Just today I rang up a regular for 3 beers. His total bill was 6 dollars, he gave me 21 and told me to keep it. It is fairly common for people who aren't cheap asses to tip very well.

good job... u cant be an ass and get everything u want. $30 down the toilette now

qwertyuiop8989 0

You're a ******* bastard. I really hope you got fired for being such an asshole