By brhorton02 - 06/04/2009 14:42 - United States

Today, I was waitering at the restaurant that I work at when I collected a credit card bill that was worth $120 and a big zero on the tip line. Angered, I turned to a co-worker and said "I knew this asshole wasn't going to tip me." The guy was standing right behind me with $30 in his hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 480
You deserved it 166 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was stupid. Plenty of people pay tips with cash instead, myself included.

I hope he threw the money in your face. Ha, no I don't. I hope he gave the money to your co-worker.

Comments

this is sad. I feel bad for you, but only because Ive never seen anyone hand the tip to a waiter. they usually leave it on the table.

Maybe you should pay attention before you speak. If I was the customer I would have just walked away with the $30 in hand.

backseatfever 0

all of these people being so hard on you obviously have never worked in the service industry. although your choice of location and time to bitch may have been questionable, your reason was completely validated. the feeling of waiting hand and foot for over an hour on a table you know will have a good sized check only to believe you have received no tip is infuriating and upsetting. many people do not realize that waitstaff at most restaurants make basically no hourly, so if you leave them a shitty tip, that could equal unpaid rent, no food for them or their children, ect. i've been in the service industry for over 6 years and i've had more than my share of blank spaces and zeros in the tip line of hefty sized checks...and there wasn't anybody waiting with $30 for me. before you judge someone, call them an "ass", and tell them they don't deserve the money...try a day in their shoes!

its not that hard to do i have done it and i was nice and always tipped cuz in canada you need to pay atleast 15%

no way...thats a 25% tip. no one tips that much

lobstar 0

You don't deserve the tip if you regard your customers as assholes. I don't care if the dinner was $120 or $1.20, a tip is not required; it has to be earned. From now on I hope you treat your customers with more respect.

That's what you get for acting like a self-entitled jerk. Nobody is obligated to give you a tip. If they do, great, but if they don't, tough *******. You are not entitled to anything more than your salary.

Kaaaaatie 0

maybe everyone should just start acting like dwight and only tip for jobs they themselves can't do. such as pulverizing kidney stones perhaps.. hahaha but seriously i've heard of worse than that so ydi for being an asshole.

people often do cash tips because credit tips have to be declared for taxes by the restaurant besides everyone knows that when you assume you make an ASS out of U and ME

blland 0

be grateful - there's no tip in china