By Foreveralone17362562 - 16/04/2014 02:18 - Canada - Cold Lake

Today, I was telling my dad about how annoying it was to constantly have my ten-year-old cousin message me about her new boyfriend, when he suddenly bursts out laughing about how she can get a boyfriend at ten, and I have never even kissed a guy and I'm seventeen. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 500
You deserved it 5 756

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seventeen is so young. Just enjoy life. You aren't forever alone, OP, and I doubt a ten-year-old's relationship has any chance of lasting. Chin up!

Lots of people are in that same situation, so don't feel too bad. It'll happen eventually

Comments

rachangie 19

I didn't get my first kiss until the Halloween after I turned 16 and it wasn't really worth it then, he tried to eat my face. Waiting is always a good choice. Just be glad that you have more common sense than a 10 year old(I hope).

Well there was a story in the news today about a girl that got pregnant when she was 11 and gave birth last weekend at the age of 12, her boyfriend was 13 and they had only been together for 3 months before she got pregnant. Be glad your cousin isn't doing that..

Lohaim 1

It's so crazy how 10 year olds now are talking about having boyfriends. When I was that age, in 4th or 5th grade, if anyone found out that you even had a crush on somebody you would get teased relentlessly about it.

harmtouch16 11

Neither of you is old enough to worry about dating, speaking from experience. I started dating my now husband at 13 and married at 18, and I was so underprepared. We almost didn't make it. We fought and were miserable for the first 4 years of our marriage. I did not feel I knew myself until I was about 22. Don't be in a rush to date and get married, finish school, live alone, find yourself, and then find who you're supposed to be with.

Don't feel bad, OP. I only had my first kiss last year when I was 17. And maybe I'm putting too much importance on it, but I kinda wish I hadn't because I didn't even like the guy that much and I'd have liked my first kiss to be with someone I really had feelings for. Not to mention almost every kiss after that one was just him constantly trying to stick his tongue down my throat. Moral of the story, waiting is good.

Eh, it really isn't that big of a deal. I'm not far off 21 and have never been in a relationship and while it would be nice to be in one, I've got all the time in the world and tbh, I need to get the rest of my life sorted first. It'll happen when it happens, don't sweat it. Or force it. There is nothing wrong with testing the waters before diving in. As far as my family is concerned, I don't know what a guy looks like..

I didn't have my first kiss till I was 15. You gotta put yourself out there. Get on a dating site, spend some time at a coffee shop or a book store.

Well that's... sad and depressing. You're way behind, OP.