Race against the clock

By huh? - 22/07/2020 20:00

Today, we found out that my 13-year-old cousin is pregnant. My mom then turned to me and asked why I decided to wait so long. I’m only 20. Instead of being worried that this young girl has potentially ruined her entire life, my mom just complained that her sister "gets to be a grandma first." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 490
You deserved it 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ignore it. 20 is still young. I have a feeling that grandma is going to be more of a mother anyways. I don't think your mom wants that.

genuinegoodguy 9

WTAF!! You stick to your guns and don’t cave in to such ridiculousness.

Comments

genuinegoodguy 9

WTAF!! You stick to your guns and don’t cave in to such ridiculousness.

Ignore it. 20 is still young. I have a feeling that grandma is going to be more of a mother anyways. I don't think your mom wants that.

Doesn't sound like the soon to be grandma was much of a mother either.

So who is the father? No one worried about paedophilia here?

yeah I was wondering the same thing considering how prevalent it has become

Sounds like your mother is toxic, wait till you're older to have little ones they are alot of work, compromise and effort.

And you blew your chance to be on "Teen Mom" and all the fame and fortune that could bring. If it's any consolation, your slutty cousin shot her wad to be on "16 and Pregnant," because even MTV doesn't want someone having their 4th kid.

bloopaloop 27

That’s a lot better and more accepting than talking shit.

Just because she’s having a baby young doesn’t mean she’s ruining her life might be better for her anyway now she will have to grow up and take responsibility a lot of young moms I know had babies and their baby’s saved them one of my friends has stopped drinking completely and is sober from drugs. Sometimes babies help you even if you have them young. This coming from an 18 year old that has a 6 month old.

Win 9

18 year old versus 13 year old is VERY different. And a child should not be a solution to one’s life problems, because it WILL mess up your child and you will pass on your unresolved issues to your child without much attempt.

Your response was better thought out than mine was. All I kept thinking is that this 18 yr old seems to have a lot of friends with addiction problems, and problems using birth control. Your comment about a baby being the reason someone decides to straighten up was spot on. Well said.

I was 17 when I had my son, I’m 47. I love my kids to death but wish I would of waited, there was so much of my life I missed out on 😭 enjoy your twenties and live your life to the fullest plenty of time to have children when YOU are ready. Also I don’t want to say anything bad about your mom, but what is wrong with her?