By englishfail - 15/01/2010 17:39 - United States

Today, I was teaching a class and my student pointed out that I used the wrong "your" while writing on the board. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 419
You deserved it 48 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maddoctor 10

I really hope you teach something other than english.

Comments

Oh my gosh, calm down people. People not using "your" and "you're" correctly drives me insane too, but sometimes when you're writing quickly, especially on a white/chalk board while talking, you make a mistake. It happens. If the OP tried to argue with the student before realizing his mistake, then yes, the OP would have been an idiot. But that doesn't seem to be the case. No one is perfect. OP- Hopefully the student wasn't a complete douche about it like these people. Try to be more careful next time.

perdix 29

Ooooooh, urine trouble! That's always confused me -- is it "Days of Your" or "Days of You're?"

ensemble_coeur 0
perdix 29

Yore a life saver! I always say: when your right, you're rite! :)

Big deal, everyone makes mistakes. I hate stupid FMLs like these.

Intellectualist 0

I'm blaming all the bad grammar on teh internetz entirely on you. I hope you're happy OP.

Amusing that there are so many YDIs when nobody on this site can seem to differentiate either.

You're a troll. At least you used the correct "You're" though; I guess I have to give credit where credit is due.

Only 4 things in this world annoy me. 1) You're/Your confusion 2) Its/It's confusion (the most common, but still annoys me) 3) There/Their/They're confusion 4) The unbelievable abuse of apostrophes on the internet. Or as the abusers would have it, apostrophe's >:( I'm one of those students who points it out, I have to admit. I have pretty bad grammar I think, but I cannot stand the above things and double negatives. And yes, more things annoy me, but that was for the purpose of the post :)

perdix 29

You can handle the lose/loose, loser/looser errors? Those really chap my ass! I love it when people call each other "loosers."

dun_dun_dun 0

I hate when people say "loose" when they really mean "lose."

Please just kill yourself. You're the moron teacher that spawns all the fucktards on the Internet and in real life who use the wrong "your".