By lrn2spel, teach - 12/12/2013 18:00 - United States - Mogadore

Today, I got back the essay I wrote about how my country's education system is fucked. At one point, I made a spelling mistake. My teacher wrote a note about it, basically calling me illiterate and telling me to pay attention in school instead of whining about it. She misspelled "school". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 641
You deserved it 4 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like just about everyone on this site. "You made one mistake, you don't deserve to live."

Comments

Sounds like just about everyone on this site. "You made one mistake, you don't deserve to live."

If y'all wanted to get technical, it would be "that sounds", not "it sounds"

And commas stay in the quotation marks.

Actually 44, it depends on the country.

It's pretty much everyone on the internet, not just this site.

jojimugo 20

People are having a grammar nazi off ... Too funny

68, It's weird browsing Reddit and someone isn't typing in correct English...

bobman51 15

You've obviously never experienced polandball reddit

Bobby319 24

Yeah I know, ifunny is worse tho, you make one little mistake and suddenly the guy who points it out thinks they're better then you

It's a wonder how people like that even get hired.

On the admin. building of our local schools we had "shcool" on the sign. Sad thing was it was there for months

Bigfabthetruth52 22

Lord knows i would have told her about herself.although if i ended up getting a good grade i could care less what her hypothetical self thinks.

They probably were more engaged whike interviewing, but now that they have a job and authority they could give a rats ass. Great world we live in.

For some reason or another I always misspell it as scholl. I just blame it on dyslexia, and move on.

She was probably referring to Old Skool. What? You guys don't know Televisor? Anyone? Alrighty then. I'll go back to skcoll and study.

Somuchart 3

Or loohcs, or do we not care anymore..?

Actually, in Afrikaans (South Africa), school is skool. Even spelling school now felt wrong looking at all the possible ways the teacher could have spelt it. haha

I hope you at least pointed it out to her and did the same.

She herself is a great example of what you wrote about. Now point THAT out..

The_Tenth_Doctor 14

That's why you should make sure you're perfect before you judge people.

Nobody's Perfect. we all have our flaws.

I can't tell if you're saying the teacher needs to stop judging the student because she herself is not perfect, or if you're saying the OP needs to stop judging because they're not perfect? Hmm..

#23- I'm guessing the teacher. Or both.

But Hannah Montana told me that nobody's perfect...

If you mean OP, I'm pretty sure he/she wasn't judging anyone specifically. Most of my teachers are great, buy I still think the education system is disgustingly ****** up.

My teachers, who are also great, even think it's messed up #59.

I'm pretty sure the point of #9s post is that nobody is perfect so nobody has room to judge. The teacher tried to correct OP, but only made the same mistake OP did. If you're going to correct someone for their behavior (or spelling, in this situation) make sure you "proof-read" your life beforehand.

Sit down with your teacher and explain to her that you didn't mean the essay as an attack on her personally. It would be easy for her to take that the wrong way. It sounds like you just accidentally hurt her feelings.

Essays are mainly about the students' opinions. There's no reason the teacher should get bitchy about it especially over one spelling mistake. Everyone makes that mistake accidentally.

Essays about the students opinion? As a high school student, I laugh at your (sadly) incorrect statement.

#32 I agree with you, but she's human, and high school is a notorious time for being back stabby and bitchy. Maybe the teacher just graded an essay titled "Why You Suck As A Teacher" and so was already a little sensitive towards her teaching abilities when she came upon OP's essay. Just because she's a teacher doesn't mean she's a robot. She should be completely neutral towards what they write because it's their opinion, but honestly, so few people actually are.

TheDrifter 23

I had a teacher say that they were neutral to the opinion of the writer. So I did a dissertation praising the visionary medical work of Joseph Mengele. She didn't think I was very funny. Failed me without a single grammatical error.

kyu_Q 19

@#80 So much for that theory. Most people make things about them when they are insecure about the issue being discussed.

Literally all I can think to say is, "Wow."