By Anonymous - 13/10/2012 23:42 - United Kingdom - Hemel Hempstead

Today, I was talking to my future mother-in-law about my upcoming wedding. She told me that I wasn't allowed to have the wedding at a church, nor wear a white dress, nor have roses for flowers, because that would mean I'd be "copying" her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 843
You deserved it 1 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She also forgot to mention that you're not allowed to invite your future mother-in-law to the wedding. That'd be copying her too.

wow. sheesh. something tells me she might not approve of you marrying her son. not your fault though, OP. FYL!

Comments

Llamacod 11

what ever you do, don't go crazy or you would really be copying your mother in law

i would gather several videos of movies that have weddings in it. then say, im not copying you, i'll be copying them!

oh crap, apparently I need to ask OPs mother in law if I can wear my white wedding gown, go to my church, and have roses. do u think I should ask about the cake too? seriously, Op do what u want or u will regret it. don't let ur mother in law control u. u know other people have traditional weddings so go do whatever u want. remind ur mother in law who will be taking care of her when she's old and senile, and if she treats u like shut then u get to put her in a retirement home.

its your wedding. do what you want with it:) because whatever she says, everyone else will think shes being ridiculous.

That's probably not her actual reasoning, but either way she's a bitch.

PhishloverA 14

Wow she's a smart one isn't she? She can't tell you you aren't allowed to have that in your marriage ceremony

ilovecandie 0

I say you tell your mother, and if she doesn't think that she's being crazy tell your father. During this kind of occasion he tends to agree with you when someone is being unreasonable

Wow. And you are marrying into this world of selfishness and petty remarks. Yeah, good luck with that. Is your fiancée able to stand up to his mommy? If not, guess who is gonna lose every time... Yep! You. You need to talk this out. Otherwise you will be up against her self centered thoughts/feelings on many more occasions. Talk to het. Talk to your future hubby. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Twisted_Angel 17

tell her if she doesn't like it to keep her old ass at home then. or better yet, tell her she shouldn't attend, because her mother in law probably went to hers, and that would be copying too. if you don't put your foot down now, the bitch will ruin your marriage. also, talk to your future husband about this before it gets any worse.

Another great answer! There're some wise people here today! :-)