By Anonymous - 13/10/2012 23:42 - United Kingdom - Hemel Hempstead

Today, I was talking to my future mother-in-law about my upcoming wedding. She told me that I wasn't allowed to have the wedding at a church, nor wear a white dress, nor have roses for flowers, because that would mean I'd be "copying" her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 843
You deserved it 1 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She also forgot to mention that you're not allowed to invite your future mother-in-law to the wedding. That'd be copying her too.

wow. sheesh. something tells me she might not approve of you marrying her son. not your fault though, OP. FYL!

Comments

Just tell her you're not copying her, you're copying someone else (about 50% of brides!)

Roses= cliche. Tell her white is unoriginal and you want ivory. Then reminder her that you are now the number one woman in her sons life now and she better learn to deal with it

Had an over the top wedding that blows her's away! And don't invite her. That'll show her! Haha!

QueenShmoobie 6

Thumbed you up 'cause it's silly to get thumbed down for a typo, especially when you corrected yourself. :)

It sucks that you have to deal with having an idiot/mean mother-in-law but I really hope you didn't consider listening to me...

ellytoad 13

Scramble the words in "mother-in-law", and it becomes Woman Hitler.

MalloryKnox 8

And if you scramble marriage you get "a grim era." Sounds like OP's future...

I love crazy mothers-in-law. I've got one, too. My solution was to move two hours away, and she's only been up to our house twice in the year we've lived here. Like jo929 said, remind her of the saying, "A daughter is a daughter for life; a son is a son until he takes a wife." Then make sure she doesn't have a spare key to your place.

icychil 13
LittleGreenPaola 23

I'd run away from that family! Your husband and his mother will always back each other.