By Ben - 25/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, I was talking this pretty religious girl that I like. We were playing a game and I asked her if she could go back in history and meet anyone who would it be. She said Jesus. Without thinking I said "I mean someone that was real." FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 276
You deserved it 47 709

Same thing different taste

Top comments

@31 Trying to prove the existence of Jesus with the Bible is the same as trying to prove the existence of orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Comments

Well, if her answer was Jesus, then she's probably pretty religious. At the very least, she has to believe in him. But obviously OP doesn't, and so he remarked without thinking. He said it like a matter of fact, too... and religious people tend not to like it when you discount their faith like that. And she was a girl he liked. Apologies if you were just being sarcastic and attempting to basically say "I agree with the OP, he totally doesn't exist"... just offering up the explanation 'cause your question seemed legit.

that's still not an FML, maybe it's because I'm from Europe, but we really don't make such a drama of differences in belief.

Maybe it's not a big deal for you... but if it's a big deal for her, then basically OP's not getting any tail. (Also, the way he said it wasn't so much "I disagree" as "You're wrong")

Anon9002 0

Me think it is. OP probably doesn't have much chance with that girl anymore. I got rejected before just by not being in the same religion, and I didn't even said anything that would offend Christianity.

Tikwichka 5

Surely if she is religious he wouldn't get any 'tail' until he married her...

@22 - It's not about the differences in belief so much as a lack of respect for those differences. I'm Catholic and dated a Jewish guy for 2 years with no problem, but that's because he didn't go around telling me Jesus didn't exist, and I didn't go around making a big deal about my belief in Him. Given the OP's wording, he probably said it in sort of a dismissive tone. If her answer was Jesus, her religion is obviously pretty important to her, and rather than respectfully allowing that she has different beliefs than him, he (albeit accidentally) just dismissed this very important part of her life. That's a no-no.

Okie7123 0

I'm going with the mods were getting bored and wanted to see the raging that would ensue when they let this FML through. I will definitely be back here for some good entertainment

The argument isn't whether he was real but whether he was some kind of deity, but regardless, I lol'd

MoooMooMooMooMoo 0

Most educated atheists acknowledge that a man named Jesus lived at some point in time and was in fact crucified, its that he was supposedly the 'son of god' and that he had special powers, that we don't beleive.

Fun fact: They couldn't properly diagnose most mental disorders back then. Some dude comes around in the 2000s and says he's the son of God? We lock 'im in a padded room.

There is this famous Housism: If you are talking to god, you are religious, if god talks back, you are pshycotic.

Lol - some dude goes around saying he's the son of God two thousand years ago, a padded room would be the least of his troubles. Think stoning. Or, hey, crucifixion.

I'm an atheist, without much knowledge of religion, but enough knowledge about history, that I can tell you- Jesus WAS real! Maby he didn't really walk on water or been a son of some fatherlike omnipotent emaginative figure, but he was nevertheless a real person, with enough charisma to produce faith at the right time and place.

ElMundio87 0

do some research, the romans kept records that correlate with the death of Jesus I don't know if he was magical (likely not) but he did exist

This. Regardless of Jesus' divinity (or lack thereof), he is mentioned by several Roman historians, among others, so it is fairly certain that he did at least exist--at least, it is as certain as any other historical fact that can be gleaned only from ancient writings, and there are quite a few of those.

DOEETFORTEHLULZ 0

Mods, please dont edit this FML, this will be very entertaining. :)

tardtasticx 0

Jesus is a lie, and anyone who thinks he's real is mentally retarded. Its in no way possible to split a ******* river flowing with blood in two without even touching it. And he walked for days and days in the sun without food or water? Listen to yourselves. How is killing your son going to forgive us for sins? That makes no damn sense. And if god is so high and damn mighty and loves every one of us, then why does he let us die? Explain that shit. Its all bullshit.

Errrr... I'm no God-dude, but wasn't that Moses who did that shit?

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in God either, but being intolerant of religion doesn't get you anywhere. It's cool to have your own opinion, but correcting people in their own opinion is straight up rude.

#29 fails!! and though i love love religious arguments and such... i love how everyone has deterred from the point of the op's story of him being screwed in chances with this chick into a whole debate about jesus and whether or not he exists or was who he claimed. OH AND OP I LOVED YOUR RESPONSE!! it was perfect for the moment in my opinion laughed my ass off! im still laughing about it

Jesus is real, his magic wasn't. You are retarded for not knowing the difference. No seriously, thats really ******* retaded not being able to tell that apart. If I claimed that YOU were gods son, would you magically disappear from the universe because "there is no god so he cant be the son of god and cant exist" ?????????????? Nice logic.

moses prayed for god to split the river, so no, moses didnt do it. you know like in noah's arc god supposedly closed the arc cuz the door was too heavy or something? same principle. too bad its all bullshit developed by depressed people with no sense of direction in their lives so they decided to make one up.

Reread that Bible #29 you got it messed up some .

I see why your name is "tardtastic" now. Before you diss the Bible, read it.

Universe_of_Time 0

Everyone is entitled to their own opinons so do not criticize people for what they believe in, even though you do not believe it or if it is not true. It goes down to what they believed in and we should respect each other for that. The OP may not believe in what the girl he liked believe in but we all should be open-minded to other's people belief and respected them. I believe in a lot of things but I know Jesus was real. I do not believe he was the "Son of God" or some kind of supernatural power from above. But long ago, people probably assumed he was and put him in the bible because he gave out his own beliefs and showed faith because of it. Being crucifed by his own belief only made him a martyr. I do not believe he died for our sins because our sins still exist today. But perhaps he is a proof that to stand by our morals and our beliefs to overcome our "sins". Whatever we believe our sins to be.

Oh, you are my hero. FYL for speaking your mind when the girl you want is religious. Sorry buddy, but (unless she's actually tolerant, which many 'pretty religious' people aren't) you aren't going to get any from her. =X

#56 just because she believes in things that are unreal and contradicting doesn't mean she deserves it. ignorance is bliss.