By Ben - 25/01/2010 03:31 - United States

Today, I was talking this pretty religious girl that I like. We were playing a game and I asked her if she could go back in history and meet anyone who would it be. She said Jesus. Without thinking I said "I mean someone that was real." FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 279
You deserved it 47 711

Same thing different taste

Top comments

@31 Trying to prove the existence of Jesus with the Bible is the same as trying to prove the existence of orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.

Comments

**** religious debate ugh its just drag out the funniness of the fml. Am adventist(christian) and i would of laugh at the response i would'nt take it seriously. hey OP did you apologies and told her there's a way you can make her see god and it involes a bed? :D

Well I beleive that you should all suck my ****. cause im the return of Jebus. bishhhhhes!

gatorgrl1988 0

#125 of you had the app "useless facts" on your phone you would know hitler only had one ball. poor thing. LOL kick him in the ball!

gatorgrl1988 0

see this is one thing people dont talk about. the other is nOBAMA. bahhahha

Jesus was real - and you don't have to be religious to acknowledge that. Contemporary writers, such as Josephus (yes, I know that reference is somewhat questionable), mentioned him. Not all religious people are idiots either - I, for example, am a devout Christian, believe in evolution, and hold a graduate degree.

This. Josephus isn't the only source either; Jesus is also mentioned in the writings of Tacitus, from whose work we've also taken some of the finer details of Roman history, however questionable they may be. His account of Jesus is no more or less questionable than any of the other parts of his history which are tentatively taught as "fact." spitfire35, I am Catholic and generally consider myself an intelligent person. I know that this is not the case for all Christians or all sects of Christianity, but personally I don't believe that every single word in the Bible has to be true. I believe in God because I believe I feel His presence in my life, not because of the prehistorical mythology of Adam and Eve (and as a student of ancient literatures who has also spent some time studying religions, that is what I personally believe it is, prehistorical mythology). I don't believe that every word of the Gospel, even, is transmitted exactly correctly, because I know how iffy manuscript transmission is for other ancient works. And having studied Hebrew for a semester my initial impression is that an exactly-accurate translation of the Hebrew portions of the Bible is extremely unlikely; I attended a lecture by a rabbi who argued the same thing. I don't believe in pushing my faith on anybody, and people can believe what they want to believe, and I know my faith isn't "rational" or "provable," and that's fine. But I do want you to know that some of us do actually think logically about things like Adam and Eve. We're not all stupid.

Hilarious, I would have said the same thing.

thinmint 0

that's a stupid topic anyway...what are you? her English teacher? 1200 words or less? dumb

perdix 29

No problem. You weren't going to get much action from her anyways.

Twi_lover_EC 6

As a Luthern I think Jesus did exsist, but I don't believe al the bible says. I am not going to argue about if he exist or not because everyone has what they believe in and I respect that.