By red_headforlife - 28/09/2012 05:34 - United States - Chandler

Today, I was so happy to be leaving the hospital after breaking my arm the night before. Just as I walked out of the doors, a huge ambulance team was running in at the same time, and knocked me down full force. I now have a broken ankle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 289
You deserved it 2 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, the irony... Hospitals injuring patients? It sounds like they just dont want you to leave.

At least you were close to help! I truly hope you feel better. I have broken bones and it is not fun.

Comments

Lawyer up. The Hippocratic oath to "do no harm" includes hurting one while rescuing another.

Hospitals have specific entrances for ambulance crews and patients, sounds like you were in the wrong exit.

Not necessarily. I have worked at at least three hospitals where the entrance is the same.

That means you were trying to leave through the ER, through the door with the big sign that says not to go that way.

Don't sue the hospital. The person they were treating is probably a lot worse off than you. Besides, the settlement would probably be paid with tax dollars.

#101 - Are you kidding? Hospitals and ambulance companies, even public ones, carry insurance for just this reason. Your tax dollars are already paying for that insurance. OP should not have been harmed in the care of an incoming patient. OP may need a lawyer if (likely, when) the hospital/ambulance company quibble or try to low-ball the costs they'll voluntarily cover. OP will need a lot of in-home care, lost wages covered, physical therapy, etc.

khriss_khriss 7

That is terrible im sorry u had to go through that :(

jmayes414 5

I'm curious as to what the paramedics were acting so urgently about now.

Watch the movie Pure Luck while you recover. Your post reminded me a bit of Martin Short's character.