By red_headforlife - 28/09/2012 05:34 - United States - Chandler

Today, I was so happy to be leaving the hospital after breaking my arm the night before. Just as I walked out of the doors, a huge ambulance team was running in at the same time, and knocked me down full force. I now have a broken ankle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 289
You deserved it 2 537

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, the irony... Hospitals injuring patients? It sounds like they just dont want you to leave.

At least you were close to help! I truly hope you feel better. I have broken bones and it is not fun.

Comments

I don't get why everyone is yelling "OMG SUE THEM!!!!" They could've had to rush in to save someone's life. If it was you in that situation you wouldn't want to wait for someone to get by. Also do you really think they saw OP? Most likely they didn't, same with OP leaving else (s)he would've got out of the way. You can't just go around suing everyone because something happens. That is what's so wrong with the US. People will sue over EVERYTHING. There was someone who sued a guy because he got locked in his garage while trying to steal his crap and was stuck in there for days. Another who sued a family for getting bit by their dog who was in THEIR yard an on a CHAIN. And that guy was throwing rocks at the family's dog. I could go on and on about all the retarded things that people sue over. Seriously accidents happen. It sucks that the OP now has a broken ankle, but you don't have to sue the hospital.

#134, You're overgeneralizing. Here's why. 1. It's the job of ambulance and hospital staff to help people without hurting others. It's NOT the job of an injured patient to do their job for them. Our system of justice says a person injured by others deserves to be compensated; it does NOT say the injured person deserves to pay for anothers' mistakes. 2. It's hard for a nonprofessional to quantify and recover what all OP's downstream costs are going to be. OP may get a quick, low-ball settlement offer that won't cover all the costs. A lawyer's job is to get the correct cost estimates and recover them for OP. OP will be busy trying to eat, dress, and get better. 3. Your bad-suit examples are not remotely related to OP's injury. You've bought into the notion that most or all suits are silly or bad. I wised up after knowing people who were harmed, but thought this way and did not get legal help. They got stuck paying for others' mistakes. If you or your family were in OP's situation, what would you do? Just suck it up? I hope not.

lsu24 2

How can you walk with crutches with one good arm?

jwally726 0

Don't try to leave through the ambulance bay

TheyCallMeDamien 17

I know someboddyyyy that needs a giant glass of suck it the **** up! ;) haha just kidding...but no seriously..

challan 19

You need to drink some milk! Soft bones!!! wow

XD Well, just think... In a few months it will be a hilarious story to tell everyone!