By BrokeInLove - 30/06/2009 19:55 - France

Today, I was shopping for rings with my fiancée. We spent over 2 hours selecting the perfect ring and diamond to match. When filling out the paperwork I discovered I left my wallet at home. She had to pay the 20% down payment for the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 217
You deserved it 52 043

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch, that sucks but you can always pay her back.

Comments

That's embarassing but your hearts are in the right place. Good luck with everything. :)

namelessfew 0

How is this a FML in any way? A woman can't pay for an engagement ring? Let me guess, she can't have a job either. She should stay at home and please her man and have children and clean the kitchen. Nice.

Yes, a woman can buy a gift for her fiancee. The reason this is an FML is because an engagement ring is a gift given by the groom to his future bride. It's a gift! It's considered rude to ask someone to pay for a gift you are going to give them. I'm sure the OP felt terrible about making his fiancee pay for the gift he was trying to give her.

Prawn_fml 2

EMR, you mean women don't buy their men engagement rings too? Huh. Always wondered about engagement rings, actually, don't you replace it with the wedding ring? Seems a bit weird to me to pay lots for a ring that you'll just wear for a few months or years.

my mom still wears her engagement ring and she's been married for 21 years. and anyway i have a feeling they were shopping for wedding rings, not engagement rings, so she should be able to pay part of it. if he feels bad he can repay her later.

To #61 Traditionally men don't wear an engagement ring so women normally don't normally buy their future husband one

lmmmr 0

Prawn I don't know anyone still married who doesn't still wear their engagement ring. Most couples have the rings connected after the wedding.

King_of_Kings 3

just pay her back. http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=707998

If it were a first date I'd say "lol, she thinks you're a moocher!" but seeing as how you're engaged it's an understandable mistake. Try not to dwell on it, lol. There's much worse on here to make you feel better.

Don't worry about it, you're engaged, she understands things happen. You can pay her back.

garmachi 0

You deserve it for being with a girl who needs a ring. Complete waste of money. If she really wants it, she can pay the other 80% too.

You could have gone home and gotten your wallet.