By BrokeInLove - 30/06/2009 19:55 - France

Today, I was shopping for rings with my fiancée. We spent over 2 hours selecting the perfect ring and diamond to match. When filling out the paperwork I discovered I left my wallet at home. She had to pay the 20% down payment for the ring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 217
You deserved it 52 043

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouch, that sucks but you can always pay her back.

Comments

Yeah seriously, unless you were shopping for rings really far away from where you live, you could have just asked the store to hold onto it for you for a little while and gone back later that day or the next day and paid for it then. It's not like the ring was going to vanish into thin air if you didn't pay for it that very second. But, clearly, your fiancée wanted the ring immediately, so she paid for it, and you can pay her back. No big deal.

Thats nothing. my mom payed for my brothers fiances ......and he is paying her back. that isnt that bad. jus tpay her back

deaditegirl 0

And you couldn't have had her stay there with the rings while you ran home to get your wallet? YDI.

FHL?! Dude, i don't think you should even be allowed out.

If you proposed, then F her L. If she proposed, then all is well, since she should pay. If for some odd reason, the couple splits, this gift should stay with the receiver. Gender is irrelevant.

Dude, if you're getting married, get used to sharing finances. It really shouldn't matter whether the payment comes out of your bank account or hers. This is why I hate chivalry.

I don't even see why you should pay her back. Rings are expensive - if she gets to wear the ring, I would say she should pay for at least some of it - especially if this is something you two are shopping for together..

lmmmr 0

It's been established that an engagement ring is to be seen as a gift. Do you pay for your birthday gifts?

hockey96 0

#2 how do you know there going to divorce?

Who buys a ring they can only afford a down payment for?