By wowzers0889 - 28/04/2012 21:21 - United States - New York

Today, I was sent to a customer's house to switch out a washing machine. My boss had assured me that everything I'd need was already in the truck. Halfway there, I ran out of gas and I realized I didn't have the gas card. My boss says it's my fault. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 727
You deserved it 7 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I always blame the first commenters! Hate those guys

kshafer08 7

Yeah i know. Such assholes!!

We should start jumping all of them starting with this FML!

What does this have to do with Canada?

kshafer08 7

It's America. We blame all our other problems on everyone else. Why not this one

Canadians blame our problems on americains... With good reason, you **** up, were ****** too!

Llama_Face89 33

Yea but we actually have a reason to blame the US. Americans blame their closest ally for ***** a giggles.

But Canada has barely any problems, whereas the USA, they have many problems, including: obesity, debts, economical growth, so on and so forth.

this is so stupid. don't blame another country for no reason!!

Your boss is an idiot OP. I'd hate working for him.

It wasn't exactly a smart move on OP's part to spring into action without checking. His boss gave him everything he needed for /the job/. The boss isn't the driver, why should he keep track of how much gas the employees have/use?

"My boss had assured me that everything I'd need was already in the truck." It's the OP's fault. No doubt.

30, I agree with you 100% It's the driver's job to make sure the company truck is set to go. Gas, tires, etc.. I'm a delivery driver, and those duties are included as my responsibility

I'm not saying OP deserved it, but he should have checked to make sure he was ready to go.

Sure, his boss may have assured him that everything was in the truck, but he should still have checked before he left. I work in a coffee shop and we have to count milk bottles. Sometimes my boss takes one out to make sure we're counting.

When the boss said everything OP would need was in the truck, I think it was assumed that "everything" included the gas card. Not the gas, but the gas card.

Gas cards are given to employees for company use. It is the employees responsibility to make sure they have it with them. Just like it is the employees responsibility to check and maintain gas levels in the company vehicle when on the job not the bosses. When OP's boss said everything they needed for the job was in the truck the boss meant all the equipment and supplies needed for the job not the amount of gas or the gas card. It is the OP's fault for not checking the gas level.

This is totally OP's fault. The boss was talking about all the parts needed to do the job were included in the truck. I'm sure the boss assumed the employee was smart enough to know that a normal part of driving a vehicle is to monitor the fuel level. It sounds like the OP must be pretty stupid to not check the fuel level.

I'm suppressed that the OP actually got in the truck to drive. With the OP's logic I'm surprised he didn't just assume he must already be in the truck since the boss told him everything needed for the job was already in the truck.

tjv3 10

It is your fault . Trucks have a gas gauge and they tell you how much gas is in the vehicle. Your boss said everything you need was in the truck . He was talking about tools he probably thought that you had enough common sense to check the gas gauge and add gas as needed. It's your fault for not checking and for not having your gas card. Take some responsibility OP

How is the boss the idiot? OP can’t even read a gas gauge. Hhhmmm fuel is low maybe I should check for the fuel card and fill up...NA! I’ll be fine...proceeds to run out of fuel.

Sell the washing machine for gas money

Or ditch the truck, walk home, and fine a new job. Your boss sounds smart. Ha. Not

Actually, I do stand up comedy at a bar in the city. I do pretty well.

Actually, I do stand up comedy at a bar in the city. I do pretty well. Don't become a critic

Sometimes I really wonder how people as stupid as your boss even get the position of being the boss :/

Because they make shitty employees?

4 - This coming from a 15 year old does not exactly hold much water.

I don't understand what's so hard about double checking things. Better safe than sorry but your boss is a douche

Yeah OP deserves it, you should always periodically check the gas tank

There are gauges in cars nowadays to check things like gas.

Everything you need for the delivery, at least I assume, was in the truck, but he may not have said he filled up the tank or if he checked the gas in the truck already. If that is the case, it wasn't totally his fault.

perdix 29

Customer, boss, you: Two of these are always right.

GoW_Chick 14

Glad to see you also count me twice on the being right spectrum. :)

perdix 29

#14, although you may regret being my customer/boss when I show up in my French Maid's outfit. ...or pay me double. ;)

I had to double check the gender on your profile after that comment.

GoW_Chick 14

Wowzers! Your boss definitely threw you in the spin cycle on that job.... I know that was terrible. '-.-

Michael_92 20

Yes yes it was, made me laugh none the less though :)

Every time I get in a car I check the fuel gauge. It's common sense...