By my_only_friend - 03/06/2013 04:45 - United States - Chicago

Today, I was invited to a party. Since I rarely get invited to any, I was super pumped. Both my parents work late, so I texted a couple of people to see if I could catch a ride. It turned out everyone's cars were full. I ended up missing one of the only parties I've ever been invited to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 702
You deserved it 7 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks. You should totally invite people over to your house if you ever have the oppurtunity; don't be afraid to take matters into your own hands if you want to be more social. You'll end up making more connections, and that way you'll be invited out more.

Comments

Exactly. I'm almost 22 and still don't drive. But I also live in a city so public transportation is everywhere. I feel bad for OP if they live in a rural area.

if you were that pumped to go, you should've used that energy to start running ahahaha ;P

If you're the kind of person that doesn't get invited to parties often, you're probably the kind of person who would feel awkward and have a terrible time at parties anyway. I speak that from experience, my own and of my other friends that also don't like the regular person's idea of a party nowadays.

davek 36
allisadawn91 8

Uh. They all ditched you Hun. If they wanted you at the party, they would have squished you in. Or someone would have gone back for you :(

perdix 29

And once word gets around that you don't show up to parties you are invited to, no one will bother to invite you in the future. You should have asked one of your parents to take an hour or so away from work to get your ass to the party. Explain to them that if you don't go, you'll probably live at home for the rest of your natural life.

TheHeavyOne 15

No cab available? No public transit?

All of them lied. They had room. In the trunks of the car.

Bus, cab? Bike? If you we that pumped, why weren't you more resourceful?

Quit slacking and learn to teleport already!