By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 075
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

Shaving the area where your getting a tattoo is to remove the layer of dead skin. So when to tattoo is scabbing it doesnt fade.

einefrau 0

It's standard no matter where you get a tattoo. You life is not f***ed. Don't complain about things that are normal.

It's not a lie. I haven't been shaved for any of my tattoos. Shoulder blade, upper arm, chest.

ladywaldo 0

NOT AN FML!! Obviously this is your first one but no mater where its going to be they have to shave!!!

Yeah you could make a doughnut out of it or something.

Do your asshole while you are at it. No real reason -- it just sounds fun.

Ewww, but if you shave it, the hair is going to grow back darker... I woulda waxed. :

The hair will not grow back darker. Seriously how is shaving going to change the color of the hair? Dumbass.

Any good tattoo artist is going to make you shave the area they are working on. No matter if you are a male or female.

perfectwinds 0

YDI for not doing research on tattooing before you got one. As everyone else has already said, no matter how fine your hair is you need to have it shaved before a tattoo goes there. There's major risk if you do not. You should have known that, and you should have had a consultation before getting the tattoo anyway and had the artist explain everything to you. If you don't understand you should have asked THEM, not come on FML and bitched about something irrelevant.