By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 075
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

the finest hair can screw up your tattoo. dont take it personal.

Rammy____x 0

i agree with SnarfSnarf. even peach fuz can mess up a tattoo. its always a good idea and good practice to shave the area, even if it appears that its not 'hairy' im sure your not as hairy as it made you think. ;)

they didn't mean you're a hairy beast, they do that for everyone, even if you were getting your butt tattoed. don't feel bad.

echarperouge 0

Your life doesn't suck, that's standard. You're a little bit of a moron though.

MCRMY_girl 0

The shop I work at, we shave the spot for you. I had to shave my hip for mine, my dad had to have his entire arm shaved for his sleeve, my mom had to have her arm shaved for her half sleeve. Get over it. It's part of the tattoo expirience. Everyone has to get shaved, so quit being a whiney prick. If you have a problem with having to shave a spot on your back for your tattoo, then you don't deserve a tattoo.

That's common for tattoos. Everybody has hair, however light. Don't think too much about it. But HOW the hell are you supposed to do your own back? I guess maybe go to a salon/spa and get your tattoo patch done.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? YDI for not being knowledgeable, and then freaking out about a standard procedure. Oy vey.

Well it is supposed to be shaved, but usually they do it. And they are doing their job as a tattoo artist to make sure it gets done right when it is shaved. All areas have to be shaved before being inked. If you didn't know, you should have asked. If they gave you a face like 'omg eww shave' then there might be a problem. Still, the whole asking you to get it shaved and them not doing it, that might have been the hint. Cuz every place I've been to, they do it right before inking.

for christ's sake every bit of hair has to be shaved. you didn't do your research! stop making such a huge deal out of it... it'll grow back.