By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 075
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

zee209 0

Regardless of how much hair you have, you still need to shave. I got a tattoo on my wrist, and had to shave that. And I don't even have a lot of hair on my body. Next time, do some research on tattoo preparation before coming on here and whining about it.

pinkstarz0110 0

You idiot everyone has to shave when the get a tattoo they are probably saving time by having you do it at home.

mylifestoryy 6

No not everyone has to shave every part that their tattoo is on I have a tattoo on my wrist and I didnt have to shave it x)

everyone usually has to shave before getting a tattoo... ;]

eccentricbirdie 0

That's normal.. I got a tattoo just above my hip where there is no hair, and the lady still shaved it. Its normal. They are getting rid of any minuscule hairs that may not be noticeable but can mess up the tat. All these people talking about how they didn't have to shave; it depends entirely on the tattoo shop/artist. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to, just in case.

People are mammals, we have tiny little hairs all over our bodies, even if you can't really see them. Everyone has hair on their back, but for most people it's so thin/short/light coloured that we have no idea is there. -Anyone- who gets a tattoo on their back would have to shave it.

zee209 0

Yeah, it's a normal procedure to shave. All those who said they didn't, didn't go to a very good tattoo shop/get their tattoo done by an experienced/safe artist.

Your an idiot, they always shave that area so it doesn't split the needles and mess up the tattoo...the only FML here is how dumb you are and how much you fail

WitchCirce 0

Same comment as above. You have a terrible tattoo artist if they disregard a basic safety procedure.

you always have to shave, no matter where you get a tattoo. you might not even have any hair but they have to do it for safety precautions