By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 076
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

duh, have you ever gotten a tattoo before? no matter where it is on your body you have to shave it first, because guess what? whether you are a boy or girl THERE IS HAIR EVERYWHERE ON YOUR BODY! seriously you think that that is a flm???? yeah right.

Dopehead666 21

You are stupid. They require you to do that no matter what. In other words, I agree with #157.

seriously I can't believe you. How do you get a tattoo with out knowing everyone has to get their little bit of peachfuzz removed from where you get any tattoo anywhere and any size. you are such an idoit and need to do the research for any procedure that affects your body like a tattoo or a pierceing. how is this an fml. moron

Pamalia 1

What kind of dumbass are you? The ENTIRE human body is covered in hair, no matter how little or fine the hair in the area of a tattoo is, it must be shaved off. Sex is not a factor. I bet you're one of the idiots that picked a tat off the wall too

No fears my dear. Everyone has hair on their back, as everyone here is so happy to tromp into your skull. It must be shaved before a tattoo for three reasons. The hair may become pushed in then sealed under the skin while healing. Thick, wiry hair (manly chest hair) can redirect the needle slightly and cause ugly flaws in the linework. And finally, that fine peach fuzz that ladies are covered in gets ripped out and jammed into the needle groupings. If you weren't shaved then the needle would have become so gummed up by the end that it would have caused scarring.

paris78_fml 0

i know exactly how you feel. it's probably not much though, no worries.

helpmeiamblind 0

Everyone has to shave whatever part of their body that is getting inked whenever they get a tat. It helps prevent a lot of problems.

Colors_fml 0

You have to shave before a tattoo no matter how much or little hair you have to prevent ingrown hairs and infection.

No reaon to think that way. Every area regardless of what geder you are is shaved. /The slightest bit of fuzz can **** it up.

Hair actually prevent infection but even in hospitals they shave even though it prevents certain infections because it's easier to operate so I guess it's easier for most tattoo artist too.