By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 075
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

angel1495 0

When you get a tattoo, you have to shave the area where the tattoo is going to be, even if there's hardly any hair at all. I got tattoos on the inside of each wrist and the guy had to shave there to remove the teeny, tiny little hairs that I never even noticed. Even girls have at least small amount of hair on their backs, even if it's so light and fine you can't see it. So your life isn't f**ked, you just need to not take things so personally.

ltkrich 0

Your stupid...everybody has fine hair all over their body and that screws with the tattoo process, stop being so vain you conceited bitch!

Hmmm, i always though pritty much no matter where you get a tattoo, if it might have hair on it you'd need to shave that space...

You always, always have to shave an area before getting a tattoo. Many places shave you themselves, some (for liability reasons) make you do it. Otherwise, the thousands of tiny puncture wounds you'll be sustaining during the tattooing process would force the hairs into your skin, thereby ******* up your tat, and worse.

Wow you guys are overeacting WAY too much, Im a guy and my body matured at an EXTREME rate along with my brother, we both had a long streak of hair on our back at age BORN, we had lots of hair on our arms legs at age 5, Im 13 and im already getting started on shaving, and guess what, the female body goes through it too, just at a less growth rate! I mean really, now... if this is 1 1/2 inch hair you needed to shave, yes, f*ck your life, but now, YDI

My back is virtually hairless and I'm a guy, I'm pretty sure it has less to do with gender than you might think.

captainmaharet 1

Everyone has to shave every area they are about to have tatted. Period. YDI for being dumb.

Laugh_At_My_Life 0

I should smack you just for putting such a stupid "FML" on the site. Everyone has to shave that specific part when their going to get a tattoo. Wow, are you a blonde?

blacklagoon_fml 0

I'm a girl and they had to shave my back for my tattoo... They will shave the area regardless of how much hair there is.

everyone has to shave everywhere every time. it decreases the risk of something jamming up the machine. you're lucky you went to someone who knew what they were doing, even though i'm sure it's a retarded tramp stamp that doesn't mean anything because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.