By JakeHolmes - 17/11/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was in my hot tub with my brand new phone. I set it down and when I grabbed my towel I knocked it into the water. I quickly snatched it up and dried it off with the towel and suprisingly only one button stopped working. It was the unlock button, a perfectly good phone that I can't use. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 890
You deserved it 47 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You took your phone with you to a hot tub? what were you expecting to happen? Even if the phone hadn't fallen into the water it could have been damaged by the steam from the hot water. YDI.

How do you know the unlock button was the only one that stopped working if you couldn't get into your phone? ....

Comments

miahmoe 0

water and a new phone...hmmm. smartttt

hrey 0

if you try taking it apart and putting it in a sealed bag of dry rice for a few days, the rice should absorb the water.

That's what you get for bringing electronics like that near water. :P

how do u kno the others work if u havnt unlocked it

next time: open up the phone, pull it apart, let the parts dry. should be ok.

Just take it all apart and then put it in A bucket of rice... and make sure its covering everything... the rice will take out all the water...! :) ( i did the same thing..)

Why don't u just take your car skydiving with you? Doesn't that sound like just as good of a plan? I'm sure it won't get all smashed up when it hits the ground just because that's what NORMALLY happens...

all you have to do is pull it apart, spray it with WD40 or whatever your alternative is over that side of the world, and wipe it down with paper towel. It will work fine after as it draws the moisture out, and stops corrosion.