By JakeHolmes - 17/11/2009 06:48 - United States

Today, I was in my hot tub with my brand new phone. I set it down and when I grabbed my towel I knocked it into the water. I quickly snatched it up and dried it off with the towel and suprisingly only one button stopped working. It was the unlock button, a perfectly good phone that I can't use. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 890
You deserved it 47 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You took your phone with you to a hot tub? what were you expecting to happen? Even if the phone hadn't fallen into the water it could have been damaged by the steam from the hot water. YDI.

How do you know the unlock button was the only one that stopped working if you couldn't get into your phone? ....

Comments

@99 I really hope you're being sarcastic. I'd also say a semicolon would be more appropriate.

I knew this was a YDI from the moment i read " hot tub" and " new phone"

I think the OP loves his phone a little too much if he was getting in the hot tub with it. Even if he hadn't dropped it on the water, it still would have gotten wet...

All I had to read was the first sentence, and I gave it a YDI. Which you do, of course.

Vrathal 0

Wahwahwah, I've got a hot tub, but now I need to buy a new phone.

zhaniswolf 0

What you could have done and can possibly still do is take it apart as much as you can (battery out, cover off, etc) and let it dry out. It might take a while. I misjudged the depth of the ocean once and jumped in. My phone was in my pocket and the water was waist high. Took about a month, but it works just fine now. Usually takes less time than that, but mine was royally screwed up. Yours should only take a day. However, I do have to ask. Why did you have your phone with you in the hot tub?? I'm sorry but that's kind of like texting in the shower.

One time I had my phone in my pocket and I fell into a five foot deep creek. You just have to take it completely apart and dry every part of it. That should help it work. If there's any water inside of any part of it it'll screw it up. You just have to dry it out.

I dropped my phone in the toilet recently.

soccergal670 0

it was probably the 3rd day i had my phone and my mom told me to go put a glass of tea away because i left it at the couch so i did, and my phone dropped into the tea because i had it in my hand [[it was very stupid of me]] and so as quickly as i could i took it apart and dried it, but it still wouldnt work, so i left all the pieces out, and let them dry for like 3 days and it worked after tht, except my phone wouldnt turn off, so it wasnt that big of a deal