By Anonymous - 17/11/2009 07:21 - United States

Today, I was running a meeting feeling very stressed. I grabbed my stress ball out of my bag, squeezing it vigorously throughout the meeting. When I stood up to talk my stress ball exploded all over my new black suit and the desk. So much for relieving stress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 468
You deserved it 4 349

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why you should get the foamy sponge kind next time.

perdix 29

That's the problem with you women -- you have to buy your stress balls. We guys have a built-in pair that we squeeze during stressful meetings (and dates, for that matter) and have a natural limit switch that tells us when were doing it too hard. This mode of stress relief does have the unfortunate danger of also messing up a black suit.

Comments

crazy_cat_lady 0

Replace the words "stress ball" with the word 'penis' then LOL. You are officially immature. :D

I wasn't aware that stress balls could explode

soccerbug6 0

Some stress balls are made more like balloons. Filled with flour, or similar powder .

Mild suck. Try a wad of silly putty next time, or if you want to pretend that you're more 'grown up' than that, get a kneaded/clay eraser from an art supply store.

unkwown2350 0

This is why you should get the foamy sponge kind next time.

Or just learn to get over yourself, ffs. Why are meetings ran by a chick who can't even get her shit together anyway?

exactly! Having a meeting run by a woman who is scrunching a stress ball? Loss of authority. Loss of respect. Loss of any position of leadership official stance provides - as personal values arent lending much to that arena if you get stressed over meetings and their content. Or even about personal issues. Toss. Go back to the kitchen. Thats a woman's forté.

Umm... stress is perfectly normal and everyone feels it at some point.

I agree with 7 full and wholeheartedly. now make me a sandwich.

You deserve it. One, what are you doing in a business where you can't handle a meeting without a stress ball? Two, what the hell compelled you to get one filled with a black liquid? There are ones filled with sand, or made of silicone, foam, whatever. So, good job, and man the **** up.

OP never said the stress ball was filled with a black liquid. OP is also a woman, btw.

ohdangkids 10

If she's a manager/proposing something/etc., then of course she's going to hold a meeting. Also, stress happens often to people and they handle it in different ways (a stress ball is actually better than, say, punching walls?), so acting macho and saying 'man the **** up' is only making you seem like a jackass, no lie.

Dude.. Stress balls have rice in them. Make one with rice and balloons, much better.

JustaAngel 6

Or she could make one with a condom and flour.So close yet so far,hahaha

perdix 29

That's the problem with you women -- you have to buy your stress balls. We guys have a built-in pair that we squeeze during stressful meetings (and dates, for that matter) and have a natural limit switch that tells us when were doing it too hard. This mode of stress relief does have the unfortunate danger of also messing up a black suit.

perdix 29

Why am I not surprised that mercy weighs in with authority when the topic involves busting balls? ;)

bexox 0