By screwed - 29/05/2009 23:21 - United States

Today, I was hit by a truck while walking to school. It was the driver's fault as I was in a crosswalk. My parents met me at the hospital where I had minor injuries. They began discussing what the insurance money would be spent on. They decided on a second honeymoon to Las Vegas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 839
You deserved it 3 030

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RighteousDiego 0

You know, even if you're a minor (guessing here), you CAN sue your parents if they use the money for anything that isn't used DIRECTLY for your own well-being.

Awww...they really love you. Now you have no reason to spend any hard earned money you make later in life on them! 8D

Comments

Insurance is only supposed to cover the cost of the injuries (aka the hospital visit for minor injuries). Seriously, assholes like your parents are the reason insurance premiums are so high.

why888 0

# 79 here. Morally compromising? Give me a f****** break! If the kid were on a breathing machine NEEDED the money and THEN the parents took it well then yes, it would be. But if the kids fine (which with "minor" injuries we are assuming he is) then NO it's not morally corrupt at all. This is what you guys sound like "OMFG HIS PARENTS MADE AN INVESTMENT IN THEIR SON JUST IN CASE HE GOT INJURED. THEY CARED ENOUGH TO TAKE OUT THE POLICY WHEN SOME PARENTS WONT EVEN DO THAT! THEN WHEN THEIR SON DID GET INJURED NOT ENOUGH TO USE THE MONEY BUT ENOUGH TO GET IT THE PARENTS TOOK IT! OH NOEZ! THE PARENTS TOOK MONEY FROM A POLICY THEY PAY FOR AND THEY TOOK OUT WHEN THE SON DIDN'T NEED IT!!!! GAAAAHHH LIFE IS HORRIBLE!" And the truth is, is that most of you are KIDS who want the money for equally as stupid reasons. Like the guy who said he'd by sooo much beer. You're probably not even of age, stfu. And no I don't want kids because given the choice between spending money on diapers and wiping someone else's a$$ OR going to Paris with my husband, I'll take Paris with my husband. So to everyone on here who wants kids: Good luck spending hundreds of thousands on a brat who will most likely end up resenting you like half of the little sh*ts on fml.

ohhhhshizzz 0

#103: You sound like a horrible person, honestly.

It might be the law that they yield to you in the crosswalk, but you still kind of need to keep physics and everything in mind. Might be illegal, but that truck can still plow right through you. In other words, don't cross right in front of a damn truck if it's still moving. You stand at the edge of the crosswalk and they are supposed to stop to let you cross... I think you kind of deserved it for not being more careful, and FYL because your parents are taking advantage of your misfortune.

why888 0

Oh noez! I didn't agree with everyone else and I don't think this is a FML at all! Not only that but I'm a woman who doesn't want kids!! I must be a horrible person. I mean gawd, any woman who doesn't want kids must be an unnurturing b**** right?? Again, kiss my a$$.

What bunch of asswholes. If the same thing happens to them, spend THEIR insurance money.

AutumnsMonologue 0

At least you have a life to be ******. You're lucky the accident wasn't any worse =/

I didn't read this as it was 2 long but ur probly ducked

This is too depressing to comment on, really. Do you often let your parents (who obviously don't care anything about you) walk all over you? Have you considered acquiring a backbone AT ALL?

kennington 0

dang dude, I would be like he'll no! your taking me with! LOL