By driverman12 - 04/04/2009 19:42 - United States

Today, I was driving on the freeway when I saw a car in front of me swerving across 3 lanes of traffic. Thinking he might be drunk, I dialed 911 on my phone, but I dropped it. I fished under my seat to get it, swerving, and got pulled over by highway patrol and given a field sobriety test. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 173
You deserved it 30 989

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because you're calling 911 on your cell doesn't mean you're exempt from doing something incredibly dangerous. Next time, pull over to the side of the road, call 911, and keep other people out of danger.

Haha. Oh Karma, thou art a heartless bitch.

Comments

idiot. talking on the phone makes you just as bad a driver as the drunk.

GloomySkyz 0

I saw that same exact car! Atleast i think i did, Because he got away and someone was pulled over

sweet, sweet irony. has anyone noticed how judgmental we all become when we post comments? F Our Lives.

pfindley 0

i absolutely cannot stand people like u in the world... mind ur own business and drive in a different lane or behind him or ahead of him... ur a bitch plain and simple

one u should have pulled over to use for even with a bluetooth headset and two dont be a snitch nobody likes a snitch

balanceMMX 0

i don't understand people who can't drive and use a phone at the same time... it shouldn't be that hard

sucks for u...dont get involved in other drivers business

What the hell? Why would you dive under your seat to get it while driving? I hope they took your licence away. YDI 100%

...okay, well, all irony aside (he swerved, you thought he was drunk, you swerved, you were thought of as drunk...and you, unlike him as it seems, were pulled over) that was both an okay move and a rather...um... panic-makes-us-less-intelligent one. Using the phone while you're driving... come on, people, like anybody is going to listen to you if you say it's dangerous? It hasn't gotten them in a crash, and despite a few horror stories, it hasn't SEEMED to do much damage to anyone else (heh). Be glad he/she was decent enough to be concerned for other drivers, at the very least. Diving for it while you were driving was a little bit reckless, I have to say, even IF it landed in a place that could have put you in danger should you have need of the brakes. Use your foot to kick it out, even if you have to let up on the gas, and try and reach with your eyes on the road, if you must. Unless you're short, like me. In which case you're screwed and you should just pull over when you can. Which brings me to the next point: bridges. =/ They're dangerous pieces of shit, but it's kinda hard to just pull over on a lot of them. It would also be stupid to take your eyes off the road, but I digress... In any case... FYL, just for the sheer irony. Edit: P.S., it's rather hard to come to these logical conclusions when you're in a panic type situation. When you're IN the situation, I'm willing to bet at least 60% of you would do the exact same things, maybe in a different order.