By ouch - 13/06/2012 16:00 - United States - Lutz

Today, I was cashiering, and a customer's change came to $5.51. She looked pretty stinking rich, so I just gave her $5.50. She demanded the extra penny, and I asked if she really needed it. She said, "No, but they do, asshole," and dropped her $5.51 in the charity donation box. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 619
You deserved it 120 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why in the world would you not give someone correct change because they look rich?

I work as a cashier and you sound ridiculous. Why on earth would you not give her HER OWN MONEY because she looked rich?! Even though it IS only a penny, that is technically stealing, you ****.

Comments

KBear3109 29

Who the hell does this? I would have fired you! Stealing is stealing, even if it's only a penny.

maybe next time you should do your job correctly..if i was your boss and i found out..id fire you on the spot..

It's not your place to decide that customer doesn't deserve all their money back. Just make correct change and if they decline the penny, leave it for the next person.

Llamacod 11

she's right , you ARE an asshole

What gives you the right to rip someone off? Rich or not?

Many people have already stated this, but who the hell are you to not give someone their exact change? And then even question them on it when they ask for it? You've got some balls, man.

Chandler1Bing 0

WTF is wrong with you? Next time you run to the emergency room with a broken arm, I'll have the doctors say, "Oh, wait you still wanted that arm? Well, we kind of amputated it . . ."

you can be fired for that. You can also be arrested for it although the police officer would probably just laugh lol.

CoyBrunette 4

Bitch!!!! I once bought some expensive perfume at a high-end department store. The cashier "forgot" to give me back my change, which was more than $3. When I asked for it, she rolled her eyes at me and took her sweet time going back to the cash register to get it. When she gave it to me, she mumbled something about me making a big deal about an amount only worth a cup of coffee. I felt so degraded. I will never shop there again. I wonder how many times this cashier has done this.

pengin 13

Wow. Some people, esp. working at these "high-end" stores get so pompous, it's amazing. Not only that, but the fact some employees are just so rude to potential customers is astounding. Even though I am still rather young, I cannot get over the fact I feel basically followed at a store, either because they don't believe I have the money and/or I'll steal/ doing something wrong. Pretentious, arrogant people ughhhhhh =_= ..however, it seems amusing in hindsight with the fact the customer is supposedly /always right/ and employees are supposed to be courteous etc, when so many fail such basic training it seems...