By Mack - 09/09/2011 00:01 - Canada

Today, I was at the book store when a book caught my eye: Overcoming Anxiety For Dummies. I wanted to look through the book but I was too nervous to pick it up, thinking everyone in the store would look at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 649
You deserved it 6 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RawrNom 0

That was you?! I was totally staring! naww, you should have got it, I bet most people were in the Erotica section, so you were safe (y)

Comments

StormGirl142 24

You and Paranoid Parrot would get along very well.

SimonREWQ 0

Fake FML is fake. Troll FML. This is not legit. A person with anxiety issue would most likely not have the awareness to be aware of people staring at him or her when reaching for that book. Fake FML is fake.

That's ok op i picked up an OCD book myself. And if your really worried about what people think just say it's for your nephew or someone

I honestly mean this in a good way: you're not that important. People aren't going to stare at you unless you do something totally out of the ordinary. Calm down.

0opsie 6

If your anxiety is really that bad, you need professional help, not a book.

perdix 29

You don't have to worry about everyone looking at you. They will all be pointing and laughing at you, and thinking badly of you. I'm sure they will be astounded at how incongruous and odd it is to see someone reading a book in a bookstore. A bookstore!? Of all places, who would expect that?

JesterMarcus 0

Get over yourself, nobody is looking at you because nobody cares about you. You aren't that important.

MsMeiriona 2

Wow. I can tell how many of the commenters have social anxiety. Hint: Rational thought doesn't always enter into it. But you were out and buying items, which is more than I'm normally able to do without sedatives. Sounds like you understand your issues and are on the path to dealing with them. Good luck, anxiety disorders suck.