By Anonymous - 21/04/2009 21:52 - United States

Today, I was at my senior dance dancing with this guy I really like. He was telling me how he likes a strong woman who's not afraid to make the first move. Empowered by what he said, I asked him out. He said no because he thinks girls shouldn't ask guys out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 053
You deserved it 5 088

Same thing different taste

Comments

you're better off in the end. That;s funny.

#19 wins. The guy in the OP is a real asshole, though -- maybe he didn't expect to apply it to YOU, or didn't realize you liked him, but given what he had just said, that shouldn't be the reason for his rejection. And, honestly, it probably wasn't (even if he won't say so). If a girl he really liked had asked him out, I'm sure he wouldn't reject her on principal because he wanted to ask her first.

#19 we have a winner! you sir are entitled to one free internet.

thats the gayest shit i've ever heard this rule where guys are supposed to ask the girl out is stupid

More power to you. I wish more girls asked guys out.

Lesson to young girls: 9 out of 10 (that means not all but most) men who say they wanta strong woman who will make the first move is referring to physically making the first move. They want to chase the girl and then once they have her they love when women take initiative. I mean its a dick thing for him to have done but thats how it goes. Men like chasing women and when they say they want an empowered woman they are usually referring to a self confident woman who is confident in her sexuality. They don't actually mean they want the woman to wear the pants.

He's a douche (and is probably gay). More girls need to ask guys out. This double standard is ridiculous.

first of all infiniheart.....you're a jackass what's the whole deal with this first thing? you don't get like a ******* prize so why call first? it's pretty damn obvious. secondly i have to say in his defense usually the first move isn't to ask someone out so i get what he was saying but it's still a ******** move on his part he could have maybe explained it better to you.

Jokermon 0

YDI (If you were hot enough for him, he probably wouldn't have been able to resist, but you're not and you should have known that ..so you deserve it for being clueless.) Don't you just hate it when someone is so oblivious to your lack of 'romantic' interest in them that they foolishly ask you out and put you in the awkward position of having to reject them? FHL

I can´t believe someone would actually say that. #62, you are one of the biggest assholes on the internet, and that´s really, really saying something.