By HaleyDrew08 - 26/06/2010 03:17 - United States

Spicy
Today, I tried giving myself a bikini wax for the first time, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do it right. Now I'm laying on my couch with a wet rag and ice inbetween my legs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 000
You deserved it 20 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ok one: unless you are a pro or have actually bikini waxed before like in a course. NEVER EVER do it yourself. two: there us such a thing as hot wax and strip wax, and depending on what you are using you have to apply the wax a certain way and pull a certain way. three: If you are a girl, waxing in that area is more painful when you are or close to having, your period. fourthly: you have to taught (pull your skin tight) your skin so it is less painful. the softer or flexiable the skin the more chances it will hurt and brusies will form.

did you take tips from Kourtney Kardashian? never re heat the wax....

Comments

I did my first bikini wax myself too because I didn't have enough money to get it done professionally. I feel your pain, trust me.

justanotherbird 19

Those at home waxing kits usually suck. If you are going to wax yourself definitely get one of the wax melting pots and the proper professional wax from somewhere like Sallys. I give myself a Brazillian wax every couple of weeks and that is what I do. Of course, it's better to go to a professional waxer the first couple of times so you can observe how they do the waxing. I had a waxer do mine the first couple of times before I got tired of spending the money and decided to rip out my own hair. For bikini lines, it's much better to use this stuff called "Brazillian Hard Wax" that doesn't use the strips. Much better for yanking that type of hair.

bookbee 2

No, it sounds like you did it right. Get someone to run out and get you: 1. Alcohol free witchazel 2. Emu oil (I know it sounds weird, but it's easier to get than you think, some home wax kits include it)

Agreed. Even if waxing is done right, it will hurt like hell. Besides the treatments mentioned above, it apparently helps to take some ibuprofen about half an hour before your wax. It'll help with the pain and help the area from getting too inflamed.

ndiesal 0

When the pain subsides you'll find out if you did it right. My guess however would be no.

Just wear those short bottoms, OP. You don't need to shave at all in those things~!

tried that once ... OW OW OW, I'll stick to shaving... FYK

are you serious grow up. EVERYONE will get it so you might as well just suck it up. women cant help getting it. trust me.