By HaleyDrew08 - 26/06/2010 03:17 - United States

Spicy
Today, I tried giving myself a bikini wax for the first time, and I'm pretty sure I didn't do it right. Now I'm laying on my couch with a wet rag and ice inbetween my legs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 000
You deserved it 20 099

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ok one: unless you are a pro or have actually bikini waxed before like in a course. NEVER EVER do it yourself. two: there us such a thing as hot wax and strip wax, and depending on what you are using you have to apply the wax a certain way and pull a certain way. three: If you are a girl, waxing in that area is more painful when you are or close to having, your period. fourthly: you have to taught (pull your skin tight) your skin so it is less painful. the softer or flexiable the skin the more chances it will hurt and brusies will form.

did you take tips from Kourtney Kardashian? never re heat the wax....

Comments

wow nice one, next time leave that for the professionals, I'm sure tey won't burn u that hard, oh wait yeah theydo, guess it's bush for life for you

HONESTLY PPL R SILLY!! U didn't think maybe u should not wax that area by urself?? especially if ur not a professional or have never done it by urself!?? YDI

Some people don't have enough money to get it professionally waxed...

I never once said go to a professional! I said if ur not a professional don't attempt by urself meaning she should have a friend or something help her out!

my first time getting a brazilian i had it professionally done. i couldn't walk straight for almost 48 hrs and i was black and blue (with some blood). apparently she failed to mention that that's what happens the first time (when you have sensitive skin). it gets easier each time after. don't give up :)

justanotherbird 19

WOAH! You definitely need to get a better waxer if you aren't being dramatic. That is NOT normal. It should be tender for about a day, but not "black and blue" making you "unable to walk for 48 hours". They sound like they need their license pulled.

agreed. waxing is painful without numbing cream but should not leave black, blue or blood. the area should just be red and sensitive for a few hrs but you should be able to walk fine even after it's done. and yes waxing when u r pmsing will hurt more.

dynky 3

why would you torture yourself to modify your body in some unnatural way? if you have stray hairs in a bikini, why not just buy swimwear that properly covers you? i always wear boy swim shorts so i can swim without worrying about hair showing or having to waste time on painful hair removal - so liberating!

I agree, why do some of us girls want to go through so much pain for this? I mean I can understand wanting to keep it neat down there, but trimming is perfectly good for that, and doesn't hurt.

Some of us prefer to have no hair. Its much cleaner and nicer, and most guys prefer it. I just find it incredible amounts more comfortable to get rid of the hair somehow. I've never been game enough to wax though >.>

Technically it's no cleaner/unhygenic whichever way. The rest is opinion, I'll give you that. It's just, why do something that's going to hurt like a b*tch to remove something natural? I mean fair enough, not got anything against people that do, I just can't understand why. Especially when there's alternative ways to remove the hair there anyway, such as shaving or trimming. Though I suppose it could be to avoid the issues with shaving...

justanotherbird 19

Some girls, like myself, hate having hair on their mons/vulva. I don't actually do it for my bf (although I'm sure it makes some things easier for him!), I just prefer to be smooth for me. I apply the same theory to my armpits and legs. I prefer waxing/epilating because I hate shaving and would rather go through a little pain and be hair free for weeks. Although I suppose giving yourself a Brazilian isn't that pleasant and I would say most should go to a professional unless you have a good pain tolerance.

I'd say go to a proffessional even if you have a high pain tolerance. I have a reasonably high pain tolerance and having waxed my legs and pits I would not want to wax down there.

MustangFilly77 9

You go! Boy shorts all the way...much more practical if you ask me. Personally, I don't go to the beach to have people gawk at me, but rather to enjoy the sports and nature. Waxing there is pointless if you ask me. And if you're worried about your BF, he should love you either way, if he really cares :)

cinn... op could've been a guy!? op... are you a girl, or a guy? cause guys legs are pretty hairy to get waxed.

This is true, however generally its girls who wax...

what did you mean, when 'you got wet in between your legs?'

livinthefridge13 1

it seems like something from last weeks "khloe & Kourtney take miami". this is fake.

almostpro 0

your parents probably think you just got laid

I could never wax something on my body myself, hurts enough when someone else does it! Your a brave one OP! :/