By steven - 24/01/2013 05:16 - United States - Orinda

Today, I took an IQ test and ended up scoring above average. Feeling good about myself, I decided to bake some cookies. After 30 minutes of them not doing anything in the oven, I realized I forgot to turn the oven on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 178
You deserved it 34 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone makes dumb mistakes. Unfortunately, it was your turn.

Clearly you are of such supreme intelligence that the little things, such as turning the oven on, do not trouble you nor disturb your state of elevated thought. It's ok, your probably a genius.

Comments

perdix 29

Your brain recognizes that rewarding your marginal achievement with a batch of fattening cookies will make you feel worse in the long run. Now that you know that you have an above-average brain, you might want to listen to it!

Indeed, those gym memberships are darn expensive.

I done that before too. It is a mistake. We are so use to doing simple things we forget.

I believe you meant 'turn on the oven'.

Both works. And in this case, OP's version sounds better.

You can't be serious, mate. OP's wording was fine.

I think I'm going to thumb-down this comment. Did I get the wording right?

I don't know... my oven requires a 15 min lap dance

doglover100 28

At least you know how to turn it on. The online tests lie.

muhnuqqa15 9
perdix 29

#73, that's a logical fallacy that is easily revealed. There are plenty of high IQ people with good common sense. Sure, there are some people with high IQ's that don't have much common sense, so your statement should have been: Good IQ does not necessarily imply a high degree of common sense.

honeybadgerDG2S 2

The average person wouldn't have figured that out.

well, that's better than burning them :/

Haha I know how you feel, you can do really good but you can make yourself look bad after words.