Awkward

By Anonymous - 07/01/2012 06:30 - United States

Spicy
Today, I found out what it's like to have your boyfriend's mom find your hidden stash of condoms in your car, then spend the next two hours shopping with her. Alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 583
You deserved it 7 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least she knows your being safe and responsible right? But that would still be pretty awkward

The only thing more awkward would be shopping with her FOR condoms for two hours. "Do you think this one would look good on him? Oooh! Wait, this one is ribbed AND has spermicidal lubricant! Get this one!"

Comments

At least she knows your being safe and responsible right? But that would still be pretty awkward

At least it wasn't a pregnancy test O_o

amanda_say_whutt 9

My boyfreinds mom found my pregnancy test. I can honestly say I wish she would of found condoms...

AlaskanEskimo34 0

At least it wasn't sex toys. I don't know why but it's always moms who find sex toys to be the most repulsive things in the world.

They actually aren't being that safe if the condoms are left in the car. Temperature fluctuations can be disastrous for condoms.

roadie143 0
ZDK5498 6

hidden stash? was she being a nosy bitch!? dude that's rude to look around someone's things. sorry that happened to you but you are using protection, so at least she will give you props for that :)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

At least she knows you're using protection!

At least she knows you're being safe. I'm sure she knows you two are doing it. Or you could have blamed it on your sibling/parents. Btw storing condoms in a car doesn't seem like a good place to keep them in there safest condition.

TheSnakeDoctor20 17

It's not, their more likely to break if you do

Torva_fml 16

I feel like I need to make an error and fit in....... There pineapples are mushy.

Correct - storing condoms in a car/back pocket/fireplace/oven/heater exposes the condom to heat, which causes it to expand. The expanding makes the minuscule holes that exist between every particle bigger, which allows for semen and "other bodily fluids" to pass through. Long story short, keeping your condoms in areas with higher temperatures/higher concentrations of heat (even if only for a short time) will make the condom less effective against the protection of STI/STDs as well as pregnancy.

So put your condoms in a fridge or freezer is what you're saying?

2ndSucks 15

Now imagine this FML, but with the hidden stash of condoms in the fridge.. It gets so much better.

luckyd880 12
Explicitng 0

That's what she gets for snooping thru your car. She shoulda minded her bidnezz.

Maybe OP had told he to grab something out of the glove compartment, center console, etc. She wasn't necessarily "snooping thru" the car.

she should be proud of her son , at least he is getting laid ! that's what my bf mom said when she walked in on us ....

You went too far by the end of your comment

ItsMe805 0

Just bu her choice of name im gonna assume "RussianBabe" is a guy

Now why would keeping the condoms in the car be more convenient than in the bedroom...

The only thing more awkward would be shopping with her FOR condoms for two hours. "Do you think this one would look good on him? Oooh! Wait, this one is ribbed AND has spermicidal lubricant! Get this one!"

That would be so awkward you could almost taste it.

Please do not ever keep condoms in your car if you want them to be effective. I hope she explained this to you because I think it'd be even more awkward for her to find out you're pregnant and then go shopping for two hours.