By steven - 24/01/2013 05:16 - United States - Orinda

Today, I took an IQ test and ended up scoring above average. Feeling good about myself, I decided to bake some cookies. After 30 minutes of them not doing anything in the oven, I realized I forgot to turn the oven on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 178
You deserved it 34 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone makes dumb mistakes. Unfortunately, it was your turn.

Clearly you are of such supreme intelligence that the little things, such as turning the oven on, do not trouble you nor disturb your state of elevated thought. It's ok, your probably a genius.

Comments

You might want to take another test? Huh c:

Seems like anything can be ironic these days.

Wow, did you check to make sure your pilot light wasn't out? That's a dumb way to die

31- gas stoves are pretty rare these days, but I agree, that would be a dumb way to die lol

Pleonasm, Doc is right. it is you're.

52-Did you really jump to another thread to defend Doc? That's dedication right there. Fanboys everywhere should follow by your example.

Hahaha, I had a good laugh at this one.

What does your IQ have to do with forgetting to turn an oven on?

n_epic_fail 14

I'm trying to understand how getting a high IQ score makes you want to bake cookies...

Everyone makes dumb mistakes. Unfortunately, it was your turn.

RocketNinjaFish 12

Yeah. I could get 100% on a math test, but I still managed to hit my head on a doorframe I wasn't even walking through. It's quite possible to be smart, but stupid sometimes ;)

And somehow the average person is dumber than you?

One of my friends used to say "Think about how dumb the average person is. Then remember that 50 per cent are even dumber than that."

That's the median, not the average. You're assuming an even distribution, when it isn't the case.

Median is a type of average, I think that by "average" you mean the "mean", right?

81- mean and average are the same thing. Median, however, is not the same thing

Median is the middle number of a set of numbers that are lined up from the least to the greatest. Average, as was said before, is not the same thing.

Laurenluvz 11

It wasn't really dumb. A dumb mistake is more of the way I would word it. It's a careless mistake. It doesn't make OP unintelligent is all. Any person could have made the same mistake..

Ah, i've done that many a time. Just turn it on now and look forward to your delicious cookies!

Yeah same here, usually doesn't take me 30 minutes to catch my mistake though :p

30 minutes is a long time! Usually, when you open the oven to put them in and it's cold.. That's a sign! IQ tests are not a measure of common sense though, are they?

It was just a mistake. It's not like you don't know 1+1. Hopefully.

Exactly. It's not like you can't figure out how to turn the oven on... IQ and forgetfulness or absent mindedness are 2 separate things... Quite a few geniuses are absent minded... Don't worry... I say bake those suckers now and celebrate... :)

SharnaaaBanana 22

It wasnt an online test was it?

Dunno why you got thumbed down, I thought what you thought lol.

Clearly you are of such supreme intelligence that the little things, such as turning the oven on, do not trouble you nor disturb your state of elevated thought. It's ok, your probably a genius.

You're probably a genius too, I imagine.

*your, Doc. Remember that when you achieve a state of supreme genius, you no longer ARE genius, you HAVE it, you exude it from every orifice in your body.

Woohoo, the grammar Nazis are out to play. I'm a dumbass anyway, i'm the guy who couldn't catch a typo despite watching the edit timer run down and assuring myself I had typed my message satisfactorily.

There's no grammar naziing going on here. Simply a play on words. Now grammar nazi me for typing *naziing*.

Well 72 they simply did nazi their error.

I think OP turned the oven on before posting an FML about it.

Jordath_Fil 11

Are you sure? OP forgot to turn it on before putting the cookies in.....

Honest mistake, it's like walking into a room and forgetting why you're there. Happens to everyone :)

hawright 13

Book smarts doesn't always equal street smarts. Sorry op, you are blessed with the curse.

Since he's a man, he's not as skilled in the kitchen as us ladies. So this is understandable. xD

Oh, absolutely! A ladies job is in the kitchen while men do the REAL work!