By henley - 23/07/2012 01:33

Today, I told my boyfriend that I didn't want to go out with him because I was having a fat day. After ten minutes of fighting, he threw a ring box on the floor and stormed out. I basically refused his proposal because of my body issues. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 757
You deserved it 69 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1221jamw 11

Well I don't understand why he couldnt of done it another day, but then again I've never planned to propose.. But I also hate how girls will look pretty and find something small thats wrong with them and complain about it..

Comments

I have one word to describe OP "jagoff"

Jagoff? Is that some kind of Mick Jagger repellent?

KiddNYC1O 20
deathfyre8 13

What the hell is a fat day? One day you feel fat the next day you don't?

Pretty much yeah. Some girls get insecure about their bodies sometimes for no reason whatsoever.

Yes I get that. It's puzzling. Its like normally I don't care about how I look or eat and then, bam! Insecurity!

Often it's a bloated feeling you get around a time of the month...

Why? I don't care if I get thumbed down but your boyfriend needs a better girlfriend one who does not care about her needs and not others

cactasaurus 7

Even if you were feeling fat you probably still looked the same.. And your boyfriend wouldn't of cared. He loves you for you, hopefully. If you're not confident around him sometimes, why is he your boyfriend?

buckley91 9

Sooooo everybody thinks she's rude because she was bloated and didn't want to go out? It's not like she knew her boyfriend was going to propose.

I think the problem is he pleaded and tried to persuade her to go out, I'm sure he told her she didn't look fat and that she's beautiful, but her own vanity spoiled something that was obviously very important to him and would have been very important to her too..

jarockstar27 10

It doesn't matter if he was going to propose or not. It's one thing if she was sick but if she was just bloated thats just plain vain and selfish. You do not look that much different when a little bloated I'm sorry

94 - You may not look different, but you feel a hell of a lot more different. I'm sure not condoning OPs actions, I just understand the fat day thing...

DarkDaedalus009 8

you should never be embarassed when youre with your love

loccsta83 5

Stop being selfish if he loves u that much he won't mind some handle bars but don't get to comfy.

If he was about to propose, i'm sure he doesn't have an issue with your body. Be glad he loves you for who you are, because there are plenty of assholes out there who only care about looks. He must find you beautiful in more ways than just one. That should give you all the reason not to feel so insecure.

I'm going to assume a fat day has something to do with bloating. I get bad bloating with some of my meds and I know the last thing I want to do is go out, not because of how I look, but because I just feel blah. Though if I have plans I push through and do it. Sometimes putting on a fake smile and pushing through stuff does make me feel better.

You had no idea he was planning to propose. This was definitely not your fault. Plan a special dinner date with him. A lovely, romantic evening and apologize. Explain yourself and talk it out. I hope he still wants to propose. You may have to wait awhile now. But good luck and congratulations!!!