By henley - 23/07/2012 01:33

Today, I told my boyfriend that I didn't want to go out with him because I was having a fat day. After ten minutes of fighting, he threw a ring box on the floor and stormed out. I basically refused his proposal because of my body issues. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 757
You deserved it 69 844

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1221jamw 11

Well I don't understand why he couldnt of done it another day, but then again I've never planned to propose.. But I also hate how girls will look pretty and find something small thats wrong with them and complain about it..

Comments

If I pulled this, I would expect my boyfriend to leave me. I get how feeling bleh kills the mood, but when it puts this much of a damper on a relationship, you gotta learn to love yourself a little more. Obviously he loves you and doesnt have an issue with your body. Now YOU have to step it up and get a confidence boost. Hope the ring box helps, and that both of you get over this.

I know that sometimes its hard to wanna go out amongst the masses when you're having an 'off' day. I think every female has been there; but just remember that your boyfriend sees you as the same beautiful woman EVERYDAY!! If he had wanted to take you out badly enough to fight over it for TEN minutes, it would seem he was rather adamant. Just remember that not all men will want to take their ladies out and spoil them...so next time you're feeling blah, but he asks you out: GO!! Just focus on being with him and all of a sudden the blah and everyone else goes away.

I pretty much signed up to answer this. It's not your fault, shit happens, you didn't know, and there's a chance he doesn't really understand what it feels like to have a 'fat day', I don't think I do either really. But either way, you know he wants to marry you, and I think it's pretty clear you feel the same. Make it up to him, propose to him instead. Plan something really nice and surprise him, and maybe get him something nice too. I know fml is a lot about venting rather than actually looking for answers, but I think you guys'll be fine.

Yeah, sure. Make up for ruining the proposal that he spent money on and wanted to execute and be in control of by effectively emasculating him twice through your self-pity. That would work.

How do you know he spent money on his proposal? Besides buying the ring (which he can obviously use still), he could have planned to propose while taking a romantic walk or something. Dont assume things.

What the hell is with the majority of people answering this FML? Sorry you feel so badly about yourself. And I'm sorry so much random misplaced Internet hate is being thrown your way for this.

This is why you shouldn't get serious with crazy women. Imagine living with someone this neurotic about her body FOR. THE. REST. OF. YOUR. LIFE.

Everyone has issues of some sort. It's all about learning to work on your own issues so you don't hurt those around you and yourself. And that is a life time project.

BeThePanda 1

Being insecure doesn't make her crazy. If it did, we'd all be locked up eventually.

Lesson here girls. Screw what you look like. Do your best to look after yourselves but if apparently fat isn't good enough they aren't good enough.

Fat day or not, you're obviously good enough for him if he wanted to propose... I don't know how it feels to have a fat day but I would feel like shit if the girl i wanted to propose to doesn't want to be around me just because she feels meh. If you said you love him because you feel like you can be yourself around him and he makes you feel good, you need to prove it. This little episode doesn't help your case. One of the reasons I left my ex was because I felt useless, I could never really help her feel better, no matter what I tried. I'm not saying you're the same but it does damper a guy's spirit. I'm sure you have more than enough redeemable qualities though so now go get your guy back!!!

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Well, I don't know how OP meant it but I read the FML like she just didn't feel like going anywhere. Sometimes when I'm on my period I get like that; I'll feel bloated and just want a heating pad and water and some books or a TV show. If I had a boyfriend I'd love to hang out at the house with him, but wouldn't necessarily feel like going out in public. Maybe that's how OP meant this as well.

I hope this has been the wake up call you need OP. Is your self esteem really that low that you won't even leave the house because you feel fat? Don't be so silly! He obviously loves you, and its not like your trying to get anyone else's attention, so what should it matter if you're having a 'fat day'?

Besides, tons of actual fat people go outside. What are the odds you'll be fattest?

TheSofaKing 7

Maybe this is not your first "fat day" and he is sick of it. Who wants to hear "I'm fat, is my butt wide" or "does this make my butt look fat" the rest if their life?