By Anonymous - 03/08/2010 06:17 - United Kingdom

Today, I start work in an office, with my mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 549
You deserved it 12 689

Same thing different taste

Top comments

penny_darling 0

Boo hoo. I would actually really like to work with my mom.

Comments

KikiCarroll 0

oh great, another mommy hater. that woman carried your baby ass in her womb for 9 ****** months and now it sounds like she got you a job. have a little respect! (no I'm not a mom or an old lady)

lauwen16 0

shut up! you got a job.... people out here would LOVE to have that job your whining about! if you really don't want it QUIT and let someone who needs the job have it.

I agree 100%. I can't believe this person is complaining about having a job with the way the economy is. I haven't had a job in four months; I would GLADLY work with my parents.

Could be worse. I work with both of my parents. ._.

xMaNNiNGx119 0
rainbowlover4u 0
britneelin17 0

This isn't an FML. Get over it. My mom is my boss. Stop being a pussy and suck it up! You've got a job right?? Okay then!

if u r like 15, I guess it may b OK. but if u r 18+ it may b a nightmare. one case I experienced at work the girl was in college, the mother was desperately trying to cling on to her youth, so there was a tension stemming from that to begin with. on top of that the mother thought every guy was trying to date her little girl, & any adult discussion she had, whether it b on a TV show/music video/health/relationships the mother wd run to HR & complain ppl were having 'inappropriate' conversations with her precious little daughter!! Of course much of this was from the competitiveness the mother felt with the daughter but it was unpleasant from all sides...it is never a good idea to work with a parent if u r an adult b/c u may never b comfortable being an adult in the office- & honestly who wants one's parents to know abt ur worklife in every detail? and yes, it is uncomfortable for mgmt too, b/c even tho' u r an adult & an independent employee in real situations they kinda defer to the parent esp if the child is a girl(where issues of sexual harassment etc are taken more seriously, a guy, well ppl might side with him saying oh mommy u gotta cut the apron strings & let him b a man).

kellsx97 0