By Ashley - 12/07/2012 00:02 - United States - Bellerose

Today, I spent my entire paycheck on a new summer wardrobe. I then left my shopping bags on the train. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 38 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You'd think that if you spent all that money on some clothes, you'd be more careful with the bags. YDI

Comments

Kimmie_cookie217 0
Kimmie_cookie217 0

has it occurred 2 any1 that perhaps op doesnt need 2 worry about paying bills? that sucks OP. fyl.

unknown_user5566 26

If money is no object, the situation certainly wouldn't a "FML" moment. I'd imagine it'd be more of a nuisance than anything.

Not necessarily. She could have just found The Perfect Outfit. The Outfit that will guarantee her The Perfect Guy, The Perfect Job... And now it's gone. *sobs & runs away*

elletex 8

40, good god. Enough. Clothes are clothes. Cut the obsession with materialism and be thankful for what you ******* have. There's more to life than the "perfect outfit".

Did someone forget their meds today? Joke! Jeez Get a grip

So if YOU spent God knows how long shopping after a day of hard work, then lost all purchased items you wouldn't be saying FML? Doubt it.

Epikouros 31

Being obsessed with the perfect outfit is not materialism but status anxiety. I'm a materialist and I wear cargo pants. There's nothing wrong with being interested in good food, healthy exercise, mind-blowing sex or comfortable clothing, without worrying about how you look to others.

I know its stupid to assume, but I cant help but wonder if you just bought the clothing for a thrill or an 'accomplishment' for lack of a better word: if they were so important, I would think you would at least be HOLDING the bags...

Epikouros 31

She's called Ashley, doesn't that explain everything? She was probably distracted because she was calling all her girlfriends to brag about her new outfits - and annoying the people around her, so nobody warned her when she left her shopping bags. I'm sure Ashley's daddy will pay for new clothes with one hour's worth of his paycheck, but how will she ever find the perfect summer dress in her size and her favorite color again? It's heartbreaking!

Stoopid_life 2

Let's hope a homeless person finds them...He/she will be the most stylish hobo on the block...unless you have bad taste.

jayfreeman80 0

Wow - there must have been al. Lot of bags if you spent the entire pay check!!! How did you manage to miss them? YDI

BlackBlazeCobra 16

This is why I'm glad to be a tomboy. My paychecks wouldn't be going toward unnecessary clothing. YDI for not paying attention.

Oh my... I feel your pain. Perhaps it was low blood sugar. When I shop all day I forget to eat and become dazed and forgetful when my blood sugar is low.

TheDrifter 23

I hear this a lot. Is it an unproven excuse or has dieting induced diabetes become an epedemic?