By Anonymous - 03/04/2009 02:33 - United States

Today, I saw a lesbian couple walking through the mall. One of the ladies walked up to me in the middle of the busy mall and started screaming at me about how rude it is to stare, and how we are all equal- straight or not. I was only staring because I'm a lesbian too, and they were hot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 187 288
You deserved it 29 905

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Right answer: "sorry, stared, because you seemed hot, but, dont worry, I wont do it again - now i know that you are a bitch"

Comments

secretlysappho 0

I can see both sides of the equation. On one hand, LGBT people face routine harassment simply for walking down the street. Attractive lesbians are frequently subjected to catcalls from ignorant men who think "lesbian" means "hasn't been introduced to his superlative ****." So while her response was disproportionate, asshats like #126, who suggest that she be "put in her place"--a stunningly straightforward piece of misogyny and homophobia--may help the skeptical understand the woman's lashing out. On the other hand, I completely understand the OP's point of view. When I was first coming out (I'm a very straight-looking femme) I was fascinated by lesbian couples who were bold enough to show their affection in public. I try now never to assume a stare is malicious. Also, who among us doesn't look twice at someone or something beautiful? One of the loveliest women I have ever seen was a seventy-something, beatifically confident woman with large, tortoise-lidded green eyes and long hair in a coiled braid. I also love seeing beautiful children, gorgeous flowers, and happy couples. Beauty is universally appealing.

you should have told them that heh i bet it's not what they expected to hear anyway

She should be the one writing an FML, not you.

italiatinkerbell 0

hey i can sympathize with u but i know what must have been going on in her head.. creepy stalkers+angry religious people+racists...at least that's what goes through my head when someone starts staring at me and my girl..but then again if it was a girl staring i think we'd at least be polite...>

If you had told them with tears in your eyes, and ran away crying, they would be the ones posting this on FML.

huakalakalookie 0

I completely understand you on this one! I am a lesbian too and sometimes find myself looking at lesbian couples when I see them in public (not always because I think they are hot, but just because I think it's cute when I see other people being themselves!) and I am always afraid that they are going to get mad and think that I am staring at them in a bad way or that I am gwaking at them! If I was you I would have just told them they were hot tho, they would have been flattered and felt stupid! Sorry you were yelled at tho!

dingleberrybop 0

i'm pretty sure all three of you guys had a grand time after she found out you were checking her out..