By Anonymous - 03/04/2009 04:17 - United States

Today, my boyfriend sent me a text telling me to turn the radio on to a certain station. When I did, there was a talk show on, and the host was ranting about how important it is for women to control themselves and not be emotional. My boyfriend continued texting me, asking if I was listening. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 189
You deserved it 14 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Slayer_fml 0

Yes, it's very important for us women to not be emotional and to just shut up and listen to our men. Emotions, you see, are not natural parts of life, but irrational outbursts that we must learn to control! Your bf is a jackass.

Comments

GloomySkyz 0

Wow. If you're Bipolar, You should really break up. Thats just cruel

noobgang7 5

"This is the enemy of those." gorge lopez

whahahahahaha. LOL I could do something like that as well

Asshole. At least if he tried to tell you something for real. If he was just kidding, it's kinda funny... Hmm. Nope, asshole.

I think he was trying to tell you something... not sure what. :S Nah, I'm kidding, there's nothing wrong with being emotional... just as long as you keep it to your own privacy. And if he really loves you, he should be trying to comfort you, not tell you to stop completely.

Slayer_fml 0

Yes, it's very important for us women to not be emotional and to just shut up and listen to our men. Emotions, you see, are not natural parts of life, but irrational outbursts that we must learn to control! Your bf is a jackass.

some people overreact. maybe the boyfriend is trying to tell the girlfriend that she is a massive bitch.

If the boyfriend thought she was a massive butch,wouldn't he have broken up with her.

AntiChrist7 0

if you choose an ass as boyfriend it's your fault. if you always hyperreact, it is surely your fault

This is one of the most sexist things ive heard in a while. Deff break up with your bf and someone should sue that radio station!!

cradle6 13

Sue the radio? What the **** for? Haven't you ever heard of "free speech?" Or does that not fit into your fascist ideological framework of how the world should be? Jesus, we don't even know the context, just OP's biased and short description of it. For all we know, OP starts screaming at her bf in public for not saying I love you the correct amount of times or whatever. Not fair to judge.

There's a difference between free speech and blatant sexism. Though no one will be suing anyone else, it's still an awful thing for a radio show to say. I don't care about OP's context AT ALL, what I care about is the radio and no context can make that any less unnecessarily offensive.

9, women are allowed to have their emotions and we shouldn't just keep them bottled up inside and if you can't handle that then I suggest you go **** yourself

good job on getting a bf with humour. Being able to play jokes on one another is a sign of a healthy relationship after all.