By terrified - 09/08/2015 03:10 - United States - Forest City

Today, I saw a huge wolf spider in my room. It ran off and hid before I could kill it, but after two hours looking for it then giving up, I finally found it, with my foot, as I put on my shoes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 406
You deserved it 2 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There's only one solution. You need to amputate the foot that touched it. It's the only way.

Something close to that just happened to me! I was in a drive thru when a wasp flew in and landed on the steering wheel. I swore it flew back out but the radiating waves of pain coming from my foot a few minutes later suggested otherwise

Comments

1dvs_bstd 41

OP, don't worry, if I know my comics and movies right, if you got bit, you could be our resident superhero..

Oh goodness! that's scary, I'm so afraid of spiders!

Welp. Now you have to burn your house and everything inside down then scrub your foot with acid according to the internet.

I was mid-eyeroll before I got to the "according to the internet" part, which I think a lot of people missed before downvoting this one.

Well. I am going barefoot for the rest of my life.

These stupid spider jokes aren't funny anymore, and honestly don't make sense since spiders aren't really going to go out of their way to bite you, and if they do you're most likely going to be asleep and not even feel it. Not to mention that spiders are actually good for us, because without them we'd be overrun with bugs that actually cause problems

On the whole I agree, but a wolf spider has a pretty nasty bite, I wouldn't like to find one in my shoe!

22- It's not like people are choosing to be scared of spiders though. Where I live, there are no dangerous spiders and I know they don't want anything to do with me but I'm still terrified of them. Soon I'm going on a course at a zoo which is designed to help people who are scared of spiders but I'm not sure how well it'll work. I honestly can't help being scared of them.

#41, it might help. I used to have severe arachnophobia until I was about 18, but after a few years of learning about them and studying them, fascination has taken over. I love spiders now. I can even pick them up in my bare hands. I do stay away from wolf spiders and sac spiders though.. I was bitten by both when I was a kid and they hurt like crazy.

41 - Your odds are pretty good. People who are literally so scared of them they can't even walk in grass barefoot have come out of treatment programs only lasting a few hours and been able to comfortably handle tarantulas. Granted, tarantulas are generally really easy-going, so handling them isn't exactly taking a big risk (or any risk, really), but they're big and hairy, and most people consider them scarier than most spiders because of that. Hope it goes well for you!

Spiders, bugs, insects, snakes, all the creepies and crawliies! Welcome to North Carolina haha

its just a Wolf Spider... i mean their bites can hurt like a mother but they're not that dangerous... in fact they're one of the more common breeds of pet spider.

Most definitely! I also have a ton of the jumping spiders in my front yard garden, and those little things are adorable. I can pick those up without any hesitation. c:

Spiders can be pretty freaky looking, but those tiny jumpers are downright adorable when you get a close look at them. They're like tiny little cats or something.