Self-confessed dumbass

By Byepax - 06/03/2015 14:20 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my mom found out I'm failing three classes. Now she won't let me go to a convention I bought passes for weeks in advance. Each pass was $45, and I bought 2 more for my friends. You do the math on that, because I apparently can't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 099
You deserved it 45 951

Same thing different taste

Top comments

uglyheadedbitch 20

You shouldn't have failed your classes. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to me if I failed classes

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
gabechriswill 19

No way my parents would ever let me even get close to failing one class. OP responsibility sucks in general but you gotta learn it. YDI

Unless she's trying but is just thick naturally. I've known such people.

Rawrshi 25

There is actually a learning disability called dyscalculia. Much like dyslexia makes reading hard, dyscalculia makes learning math very difficult. It may or may not be OP's fault when it comes to math (and depending on their other subjects maybe not those either).

I have dyscalculia, can't even write down a phone number without messing up the order. People have to tell me numbers one by one, or i mix them up, and even then it's not guaranteed I get it right :')

omg your title says bye pax... please tell me its not what i think that means...

brunettesara5722 17

yes, but maybe it's not entirely his fault, maybe he has adhd or dyslexia. op maybe try to get a tutor? if it is your fault, then obvs ydi

I will say I get terrible test anxiety, mostly in math. I would forget everything when I saw the test yet in class I would answer most of his questions. However, I went down to the college wellness center and with time it got better. It does suck that OP failed, but the could've tried to take more initiative if they actually had a problem.

If he failed one class that would be less his fault as it happens sometimes and just shows what we need to work harder in, or could be that one teacher everyone gets but to fail three? I think he just doesn't care about his education, if he did care he would understand that consequence and catchup are necessary.

You're confusing it with innumeracy which is about understanding. Discalculia would still allow mental math, I believe.

uglyheadedbitch 20

You shouldn't have failed your classes. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to me if I failed classes

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Failing and failed are the same thing, both mean he has an F

uglyheadedbitch 20

If you're failing you have a chance to bring ur mark up. If you've failed that means you didnt earn the credits.. It doesnt mean the same thing at all u ****

Unless OP is failing for a reason, such as depression. Then it's difficult to find motivation or time to do anything.

94 maybe op failed at the midway mark. meaning yes they are FAILING so they can bring up the grade before the report card. or perhaps they failed the report card so yes they FAILED and that's the end for them. don't know the situation anymore than the rest of us so stop being an ass.

#135, OP never uttered "failed," he only said failing. That makes me think he can bring his grade up. I don't think he failed any marking period. And he's in the US, for me, the last MP started Feb 1st, and isn't closing soon.

137 you're right. mistake on my part. still tho, 94 shouldn't have been such a jerk.

He is "failing" which means he has a chance to bring his grade up, which is exactly why he needs to be home studying and not at some convention. Parenting done right.

stop being such nit picks, jesus people..

uglyheadedbitch 20

These replies are impressively nitpicky ffs

Steve95401 49

Don't forget to include fees added by the ticket seller. Those can often add a lot to the purchase price.

With the 7.5% California sales tax, tack on roughly another 10 bucks.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not to mention the fuel it takes just to get there, find a parking space (if no attendants), plus buying all kinds of cool stuff from the booths… You can blow almost a thousand if you're not careful.

$45... Unless she isn't smart enough to figure out that just because she isn't allowed to go, her friends still can.

She bought the ticket. Her friends may be going but, she spent forty-two dollars on each friend. Are they expected to pay back now. She payed for them why should she be repaid. She most likely offered otherwise she need to find new friends who don't mooch of her.

i wouldn't know if i am bit i do know that when it comes to conventions I'm one of the best people to be with. I'm an old school gamer (which for those of you who don't know means that I'm more into legend of Zelda, Mario, sonic, Pokémon, and all the older games from the time of the NES and super Nintendo rather than the crap they put out now like cod and Halo) so i know what I'm talking about when it comes to con prices

#81 - or OP ordered the passes on one bill to cut down on service charges and for simplicities sake (that way they are all guaranteed to get a pass, instead of one person missing it by a few minutes). Just because they all put their passes on one bill doesn't mean they won't pay their friend back. If that's how your friends do it then you need to find some new friends.

assassinbanana0 20

Who said they mooched? It was her choice to buy the tickets, like it was her choice to not try in school. It sucks, but she deserves it. Education comes first.

Sounds like a good parent to me! More parents need to set standards like they are for you. Someday you will thank them for pushing you to work hard!

Just be a good friend and still let them have their tickets and if you can the third too. it's not their fault you're failing. But in the long run school is considerably more important than a convention.

I'm sorry, but how could you not be able to do 3 * 45?

I'm sorry, but how could you not be able to recognize a joke?

juturnaamo 29

You bought them weeks in advance for a reason, right? Can't you sell yours?