By Anonymous - 09/08/2015 03:53 - United States

Today, I found out my babysitter has been selling the breastmilk I produce for my baby and replacing it with formula, while still taking my money every week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 796
You deserved it 2 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nonsensical 26

Report her! Not only is she stealing but she's not giving the baby what its own mother thought it was receiving!!! Oh this is outrageous!

The next thing you know, the baby will be replaced with a doll and Junior will be "adopted" to Timbuktu

Comments

Seriously. It baffles me how dishonest people can be.

The next thing you know, the baby will be replaced with a doll and Junior will be "adopted" to Timbuktu

Meanwhile the doll is still receiving formula and little Junior is now receiving the milk that had been sold off in the first place.

nonsensical 26

Report her! Not only is she stealing but she's not giving the baby what its own mother thought it was receiving!!! Oh this is outrageous!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If she's an agency babysitter you can report her to the company and they'll take her off their books. If she's just a friend or does it off an ad or something the OP is out of luck.

You can totally report her to the police. She's selling unregulated human fluids. That's a huge health hazard. Those unregulated human fluids are also stolen. Double whammy.

It is deliberate food tampering which makes it a criminal act, plus formula doesn't have the same lifespan as breast milk once made up and baby could get considerably sick.

Install a nannycam. Boom. Evidence of stealing and lying to her employer.

unless you put the nanny cam by the refrigerator, where it WOULD be noticed, it would he hard to catch them in the act.

You do know they make pinhole cameras right? Or there's picture frame ones, lots of different styles and stuff.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
mads_nicole 19

Might wanna find new childcare..

I think it's time to get a new baby sitter.

I dont even have children, but this post angered me. That is so wrong. Isnt there any way to report this?

Fire her, give her bad references and sue her (in whatever courts are appropriate).

without evidence no court is appropriate.

Looks like we have an expert on our hands here, guys.

leogachi 15

@105 You must also be an expert. Since you seem convinced that the two of them are wrong, you must know quite a bit about how the law works. Tell me, how do you expect this to go to trial without evidence?

Maybe OP used a nanny cam and that's how she found out

I think what we should all focus on is who the **** is buying her breastmilk.

bodybuilders (apparently it's better than a protein shake?!), mothers who can't express milk, people with ... unusual fetishes to name a few. lol.

MonstreBelle 28

There are private milk banks that will pay for donations. Although I would never recommend that a mother use one considering they are unregulated and don't screen donations for diseases.

It's a regulated program in Canada. at least where I live. it's pretty awesome if you ask me.

MonstreBelle 28

71: I didn't mean to make it sound like there are no regulated milk banks in the US. There are many regulated ones, they just don't pay for donations (with the exception of one that I know of). But I agree, they are indeed awesome. It's great that mothers who can't breastfeed for whatever reason now have an option that allows them to provide breast milk for their baby.

triplebeerox 27

@16 that episode from Chappelle's Show should never be forgotten though it seems not many people know that's what you're referencing.

Lies and profits - she'd make it in the world of business.

Got proof? Report for a crime. No proof. Restraining order and fire her obviously.

A total eclipse is like a woman breastfeeding in a restaurant. It's free, it's beautiful, but under no circumstances should you look at it.

You do understand that the second half of the word breastfeeding is feeding, right? They are not breastfeeding to get attention or a rise from people. Mothers are trying to feed their babies and that is all. If you don't like it look away.

91- Isn't that pretty much what #12 was saying?

Doh, I guess no one here has watched The Simpsons!

Apparently humor and basic comprehension evade you 91.